PDA

View Full Version : The 8G Pulled Over Thread

Colton5419
12-09-2009, 01:31 PM
Thought it would be interesting to read about all the time's our fellow 8G's were pulled over, why, what words were exchanged, any tickets? etc.

2 times for me since March 2009.

1st:
Infraction: Failed to stop on a RED arrow
Police Type: County SUV Interceptor
Event: Spotted me making a left under a RED arrow, pulled out of a Sunoco parking lot and stopped me under an overpass. I calmly sipped back a mountain dew, listened to my music, and was shocked to actually get a ticket. Turns out it was a detail and 3 others were pulled over in front of me.
Ticket: Yes, reduced to two parking tickets in the amount of $125 total.

2nd:
Infraction: Driving a stolen vehicle.
Police Type: NYS Trooper
Event: Pulled onto the local expressway headed towards work when lights turn on (really far away) he speeds up to me while I'm doing about 60 in a 55. Thought **** really for only 5 over. Stopped me on the side.

Asks why I thought I was stopped, and I said completely uncertain, asks for my license and registration etc. Comes back and apologizes that he had pulled me over because a GREY car in the area was reported stolen headed this way. (....WTF.)
Ticket: No, but late to work in my stolen car.

tjones156
12-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Got pulled over the other day by a state NJ trooper. He told me my car was too loud (exhaust) and too low (Which I believe isnt at all!):nono: He let me go with a warning. I guess he's tired of messing with the Honda's in my area. Didnt make a dent though, I still had a pretty good day.

JoeRad
12-09-2009, 03:10 PM
pulled over for doing 79kmh in a 60kmh zone although its a massive straight bypass road ridiculous,

Fine: 80 euros, about 100$

Galant Evolution
12-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Infraction: "90-6" No front RED licence plate / "90-7" Warning on tinted tails
Police Type: MSP (Mass state police)
Event: Pulled out onto 495 S, heading towards work at 7:04 when i notice a crusier in front of me. im in the right "slow lane" going up to speed around 55MPH. the cop slowed down and and pulled into the brakedown lane, let me pass then is on my ass. Puts on his "rear lightbar" lights i can tell there on but i was upset and sisnt stop. after 2 min of driving he puts the fronts on and i pull over. Gives me a ticket for no front plate and a warning on blacked out tails and is on his way.
Ticket: Yes, 35.00 for no front plate/ hearing requested

Infraction: "c90s7E" Blue lights display
Police type: Bridgewater MA police (town)
Event: has blue LEDs in the headlights on in a parking lot, cop comes over and starts writing me a ticket, after talking he made a verbal warning and was on his way.
Ticket:No, verbal.

Infraction: "c90s7E" Red lights display.
Police Type: Bridgewater MA police (town)
Event: has red L.E.D blinkers. Cop was accross from me, when i passed him turning he pulled me over. asked why i had red blinkers, i told him they looked cool.
Ticket: Yes, 35.00 paid.

Infraction: "c90s7E" Blue lights display. (yet again)
Police Type: West Bridgewater MA police (town)
Event: Driving down the street in west b-water. Look in my rear view to see police behind me, i pull over, then he puts on lights. Askes why do i have hood lights on my car, i tell him there for show. He told me im not at a show so why were they on. I told him i just came from one. He asked at 1:34 in the morning? i said yes sir. He askes why is this a show car? and i told him because its the galant evolution. He proceeds to his car. Returns with a smile and a ticket for the lights and says "your show car is illigal"
Ticket: Yes 35.00 paid

greddy
12-09-2009, 04:47 PM
^I"m sorry but you're an idiot if you've been pulled over so many times for the same things.....

beam514
12-09-2009, 05:23 PM
i thought people learned from mistakes but I guess not lol

dude you lost $70 because you wanted dem blue n red shitz on while you were driving lol

anyway only time I've ever been pulled over was cause my rear plate light was burned out

02redgalant
12-09-2009, 05:56 PM
moving violations 3 (two stop signs? which i didn't run,back when i first got the car i rear ended someone) total tickets 0
b.s stops aka Driving while hispanic (DWH)( headlights too black 1x,lights not on 2x,seats belt 2x,registration 1x,) 6 stops total tickets 0

parking tickets ahh were to start college universities are gay at 10 tickets since i started

about 3 removed 1 reduced rest I paid :(

WhiteGalant
12-09-2009, 06:56 PM
11 times between valentines day 09 and the end of march...

03-Galant-ES
12-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Got pulled over for doing 72 in a 40 got away with no ticket cop explained to me why there was a 40 speed limit on the road even though it was a straight 2 mile stretch and we exchanged pleasantries.

Got pulled over for not yielding at a yield sign even though no cars were coming. Officer explained why I should have slowed down on the exit ramp and we explained pleasantries and went on our way.

Pulled over 2x in 3 years no tickets.

Colton5419
12-09-2009, 07:19 PM
doing 72 in a 40 got away with no ticket cop explained to me why there was a 40 speed limit on the road even though it was a straight 2 mile stretch and we exchanged pleasantries..

Please explain what you showed the officer to get away with 30 over.. :D

DryBear
12-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Incident 2:
On the San Francisco Bay Bridge, in the mornings there is a lane specifically for carpool only. This is nice since carpools don't have to pay toll, but is also nice for the cops as they can watch the lane for cheaters.

I had the day off and was bringing my daughters to their grandparents house (my parents). The girls were in the back of the 8G (don't forget, my 8G is "modified" :wink:), and their heads don't reach past the top of the rear seats. On top of that, I have some dark tint in the rear windows.

Since I have three people in the car, I can take the carpool lane. As I exit the carpool lane onto the Bay Bridge, a cop car pulls up behind me, and pulls me over. I nonchalantly pull off my Air/Fuel Gauge from the steering-column mount (yay for velcro :lol:) and roll down my passenger window. When he reaches my passenger side window, he notices my two daughters in the back and tells me - "sorry, I didn't see your girls in the back - next time you go through the carpool lane and see a cop, have them stick their hands up and wave."

He then asks me to roll up my passenger window so he can check for tints, but seeing as I don't have the front windows tinted, he waves me off and I am on my merry way to grandmas house.

Incident 1 (predates the above incident):
Again I have my daughters in the back, but this time I am coming home from their grandma's house (Lola's house for the Pinoys in the house). I'm cruising on I80 doing, well 80, which is actually the normal speed most of the time. Usually, I am pretty alert, checking the road for "cop headlights" and/or speed traps, but that night I am a pretty tired, so I kinda zone out. Three minutes from my exit, the dreaded red and blue lights pop up behind me. The thoughts of "shit, I am toast" run through my mind, especially with a lot of imports in the area getting their hoods popped (one thing I could NOT afford).

Since I had my daughters in the back, I did not want to stop on the side of the freeway. Instead, I chose to continue to my exit. I knew there was a well lit parking lot/bus stop that was just at the base of the highway exit. I rolled down my windows and put my hand out, to hopefully signal to the cop that I was going to pull over. After an excruciatingly long minute drive down the exit ramp, I finally reach the parking lot and pull over.

The officer comes up to my window, and asks "What the heck were you doing?"

I explain to him "I apologize officer, with the news of people getting pulled over by people posing as police, I wanted to stop in a well lit area to be safe." This seems to satisfy the officer (phew) and he proceeds to ask "do you know why I pulled you over?"

I respond back "yes, sir, I think I was going a bit over the speed limit." He retorts "yeah, I could see your speed on the windshield." (one of the drawbacks of having a heads-up-display :lol:).

From the corner of the officer's eye, he spots one of my daughters waving at him. The officer waves back with a cheery "hello!". This seems to relieve some tension, as the officer lets me know that he will just "let me off with a warning, and to keep an eye on my speed."

Must say I dodged quite a bullet there - sleeper look FTW!

03-Galant-ES
12-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Please explain what you showed the officer to get away with 30 over.. :D

7 pba cards one of them was his chief i believe unless he was the other precinct

mko
12-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Got pulled over for 64 in 50 limit. Got 85 dollar fine and 2 point on my licence

Second time, got pulled over for failing to yield a yield sign, few horns went off, but no accident. I saw the cop in my rear view mirror and just pulled over. he let me off with a warning, since i told him that i just woke up and im kind still distracted /i was honest/.

03-Galant-ES
12-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Got pulled over for 64 in 50 limit. Got 85 dollar fine and 2 point on my licence

Second time, got pulled over for failing to yield a yield sign, few horns went off, but no accident. I saw the cop in my rear view mirror and just pulled over. he let me off with a warning, since i told him that i just woke up and im kind still distracted /i was honest/.

Haha same 2 things that happened to me only i was going faster in a 40 and got away clean thank god cause I was 18 that ticket would own me.

2002BlackDragon
12-09-2009, 07:55 PM
Got ticketed for driving 82 in a 65. Paid $155. Only time in all the yrs ive been driving, from 15 to 25. LOL.

IceDouTGaLanT
12-10-2009, 03:17 AM
1: Tints ticket ($40) have to re inspect with them off
2. Speeding 65 in 55 (probation before judgement 0 points 280$ fine only)
3. Tints tickets again
4. 107 in 65 (up state near penn state college) there's no cars on that long as road! expect the cop!!! lol (2 points ) ($500 lawyer fee) ($3xx some change fine) (still have this ticket saved)
5. Tint ticket (droped since I had a medical wavier in court)

2007-2009 Nothing!! wooot Hope 2010 goes without any encounters!

Galant Evolution
12-10-2009, 08:50 AM
^I"m sorry but you're an idiot if you've been pulled over so many times for the same things..... Thanks ha

i thought people learned from mistakes but I guess not lol

dude you lost $70 because you wanted dem blue n red shitz on while you were driving lol

anyway only time I've ever been pulled over was cause my rear plate light was burned out I didnt care about it too much at time

tjones156
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM
7 pba cards one of them was his chief i believe unless he was the other precinct

Damn pba cards? Thats ballin! How'd you get them?

RedGalant2k1
12-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I got pulled over probably 20-30 times before I turned 20, does that count?

Drucru22
12-13-2009, 10:38 AM
I got pulled over for going 76 in a 55. Some idiot decided he wanted to continue to ride my ass because 60 mph was too slow for him. I got pissed, accelerated, and a motorcycle cop caught me and shut me up with a $135 ticket.