PDA

View Full Version : Black Paint Settlement

StealthGTZ
12-10-2009, 03:52 PM
For those of you who have/had the black paint/clearcoat delamination issue, there has been
a proposed class-action lawsuit settlement.
Read about it here:
http://www.mitsubishiblackpaintsettlement.com/
I recieved my official documents today. Anyone else?

Dominicano
12-10-2009, 08:05 PM
I have moved since I finished paying the car there is no information on the site about getting the documents either.

NVM I found it.

now does delamination mean that the clear lifts from the color? in a pealing form? cause mine does not peal but it is white like an ashy crack head.

Also since the cash option is like 150-200 will the partial payment of repainting the car be about the same amount? its weird that they did not mention the percentage but did mention the cash amount.

2002BlackDragon
12-10-2009, 08:35 PM
mine is peeling from the car! its not white or ashy, but is actually peeling and flacking off. will they honor this too?

glantv699
12-10-2009, 08:40 PM
mine is peeling from the car! its not white or ashy, but is actually peeling and flacking off. will they honor this too?

My clear coat is going as well, and my car is not even black...

Not being the first owner of the car and not having my name associated with any kind of warranty probably leave me with slim odds at getting anything from this.

StealthGTZ
12-11-2009, 09:26 AM
"now does delamination mean that the clear lifts from the color? in a pealing form? cause mine does not peal but it is white like an ashy crack head."

Yep, that's delamination. Mine never peeled but the roof started turning white.

As to the amount of the settlement, it won't equal a tenth of what I paid to have my
GTZ repainted (by one of the best and most expensive independent body shops in town)
but I wanted the repaint done right and I've got a "lifetime" warranty on the repaint.

Half a loaf is better than no bread at all.

Dominicano
12-11-2009, 09:29 AM
"now does delamination mean that the clear lifts from the color? in a pealing form? cause mine does not peal but it is white like an ashy crack head."

Yep, that's delamination. Mine never peeled but the roof started turning white.

As to the amount of the settlement, it won't equal a tenth of what I paid to have my
GTZ repainted (by one of the best and most expensive independent body shops in town)
but I wanted the repaint done right and I've got a "lifetime" warranty on the repaint.

Half a loaf is better than no bread at all.

thats true I started reading the settlement document since I purchased my car 2000 I am close to 5 years our of warranty it seems I might get 400 if I get it repainted.

The good thing if you had your car repainted you don't need to take it to the dealership but still get money.

johnygezony
12-11-2009, 11:22 AM
I got them, I am gonna go talk the the painter and see if i can get it

galant305
12-11-2009, 06:55 PM
i got the letter today, but i repaint my car 4 years ago, what i have to do now, send the form for the 150$ or send the invoice for my paint job, what do you recommend guys.

hhp8008
12-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Nice I just received my documents like 2 hours ago. And I read the whole document and still trying to choose what payment. couldn't of came at a better time.........scratch that its snowing in PA :P lol

When mine comes in the mail, I'll most likely will wait for warmer weather to paint it.

Armageddon Sunset
12-11-2009, 09:02 PM
My clear coat is going as well, and my car is not even black...

Not being the first owner of the car and not having my name associated with any kind of warranty probably leave me with slim odds at getting anything from this.

Im the third owner of my G (its a 2000 es I bought in jan 04), got the documents for the claim though, but the class action only applies to black cars, you would have to sue MMNA for your color.

no clue what option to take, free money is free money though

I posted the same thing as this but in a different section, same day though.
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=39433

Flutterbyfilms
12-19-2009, 10:59 PM
I got these papers too. I have already had mine repainted, so I will opt for the cash. I'm not the original owner of my Galant, but they mailed them to me, so it shouldn't matter.

2002BlackDragon
12-20-2009, 02:34 AM
I cant believe the cast part is only 150. that sucks.

JAC00BLKES
12-30-2009, 10:12 PM
i can't believe they waited til after i totalled my G to do this bullshit

i wonder if i can still get the money for it

BIGMONEYDAY
12-31-2009, 06:29 AM
This really sux for me! Just read over the terms of the claim and looks like I don't qualify for the settlement cause my black G is a '99. That figures!! And I was already in the works to have my car repainted too. Oh well.