PDA

View Full Version : Horn problem!

Tragic
12-11-2009, 11:47 AM
Well I have my first problem, which isn't at all a major thing. Its just that each time i start the car the horn keeps going off. Sometimes to stop it all i had to do was tap the horn on the wheel and it would stop. Well this morning that trick did not work. So i had to pull the fuse out to get it to stop.

So i am wondering, can a bad fuse cause it to blow none stop or is there a deeper problem and how can i tell if the fuse is bad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4g63lover
12-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Mine does that if it sits outside in the cold. I think either your horn under the hood is faulty or the switch in the steering wheel is getting stuck. But since you said sometimes it stops when you hit the switch I have a feeling the switch needs replacing.

You could also do this, the horn under the hood has a little clip connector on it. Put the fuse back in, and wiggle that clip. If thats the problem it should stop the horn from going off on its own. We had this problem on my cousins 8G as well.

Tragic
12-11-2009, 12:12 PM
Yeah i was thinking it the cold weather, but didn't want to sound like an idiot! Today is the coldest its ever been. I will try what you said.

troubled4g64t
12-11-2009, 05:37 PM
my wifes car started doing that a few years ago one day I hit the horn to get some one to go at a green light and it stuck so I just pulled the fuse then a few months agot a guy down the street from me had the same prob at like 4:30am his horn just went off like he was leaning on it both cars are 8g's I even posted this in the recall section but no said anything about it then and of course it is a flat pad in the horn and its part of the air bag I called for a price years ago and it was 550 back then so I just put in the fuse for inspection.

GALANT59
12-26-2009, 01:49 AM
i have the same freaken prob ...it went off 3:.. am one nite and man i wassss pissed everytime i have to pop the hood and pull the wire clip off ..so now i just keep in unpluged...it has to be the airbag because 1 time it went off and i punched it real hard 3/4 times and then it went off....it sucks man!!!

Tragic
12-30-2009, 05:46 PM
I basically just took the fuse out. it sucks not having a horn, especially in NYC. haha

telizee
02-02-2010, 09:34 AM
Well I have my first problem, which isn't at all a major thing. Its just that each time i start the car the horn keeps going off. Sometimes to stop it all i had to do was tap the horn on the wheel and it would stop. Well this morning that trick did not work. So i had to pull the fuse out to get it to stop.

So i am wondering, can a bad fuse cause it to blow none stop or is there a deeper problem and how can i tell if the fuse is bad?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
This happens when you abuse your horn with road rage over the years.
its not a drum machine.
There are these plastic ripples on the under side of horn cover where you press the horn,
they bend easily and can move on there own depending on the weather hot or cold.

Remedy: replace horn cover or try to aline the ripples.

cscotty
02-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Dont mean to hijack but since we're on the topic of the horn and all, where exactly is the fuse box that houses the horn fuse in a 99 Galant?

cscotty
02-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Dont mean to hijack but since we're on the topic of the horn and all, where exactly is the fuse box that houses the horn fuse in a 99 Galant?

Nevermind I found it...but still no sound coming from the horn. The fuse and the relay are good, but I hear no clicking. Honestly, I cant even find where the horn is. Does anyone have a pic?

Jeffylou87
02-24-2010, 10:22 PM
Pretty sure it has to be the button.. Or relay..