PDA

View Full Version : question

zxdecoyxz
12-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Im going to be dropping my car in the near future should i wait to put bigger rims on it or would it be fine to put the drop on it regardless?

tjones156
12-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Well that depends...Are you gettin coilovers or lowering springs? If you're gonna go for coilovers (Which most members on here will highly recommend) then you can get the rims now being they are height adjustable. I believe 19" rims is the max size for our G's without rubbin. If you're goin for lowering springs then you might want to wait and see what clearance you have so you're wheels wont rub.

beam514
12-15-2009, 05:21 PM
It really depends on offset and wheel width. Your overall diameter of the wheel+tire is not supposed to change, so no worries on that. What happens is larger wheels have larger widths, so then they start rubbing on the edges of the fenders and on suspension components. I'm pretty sure for 19's you're going to HAVE to roll your fenders after you do your drop. Even Evo wheels (17x8, forgot the offset i think its like +42 or something) you might have to roll your fenders and it will rub on the suspension components depending on what width tire you pick. There's a thread for what is safe to run and what isn't