PDA

View Full Version : Before i installed or any nitros system

Khopari
02-25-2003, 12:27 PM
i was just curious., that what type of mod i have to do with my V6 Engine to get the engine ready for nitros system,, or NOs,,, i mean i know u got repalce piston rings,, and TB,, anything else

FRCFD6
02-25-2003, 01:05 PM
fuel is probably the most important one, as in injectors, and fuel pump

Lazarus
02-25-2003, 01:34 PM
depending on what shot of Nos you are running I heard a guy is spraying 65 shot on factory I4 with no probs. I would take care of your fuel though. lean means your close to blowing.

seth98esT
02-25-2003, 01:41 PM
yah injectors pretty much, and if ur planning on spraying a LOT then start working on ur internals...

might as well just do your internals now :wink: it will make you stronger and faster :shock:

Khopari
02-25-2003, 02:13 PM
ty for the info guys,, u was just curious....

Auto-9
02-25-2003, 03:38 PM
Did you mean we were curious or you were curious? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Anyhows on my V6 I'm doing 75 with no modifications. If you wanna do 150 though internal work and fuel upgrades may be a necessary thing to do.

Khopari
02-26-2003, 12:10 PM
Did you mean we were curious or you were curious? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif Anyhows on my V6 I'm doing 75 with no modifications. If you wanna do 150 though internal work and fuel upgrades may be a necessary thing to do.

opps i suck at spelling so you got work with me,, so V6 dont need no MOD with 75 shots,, ty for the info,,

Auto-9
02-26-2003, 03:20 PM
opps i suck at spelling so you got work with me,, so V6 dont need no MOD with 75 shots,, ty for the info,,

According to Zex and Nitrous Express, most factory engines can handle up to 20 lbs per cylinder, i.e. a 4 banger can take up to 80 shot, a 6 can handle 120, etc...but that's only in theory. I'd rather not chance it https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif The other considerations are mainly fuel (which in our cars I think the general consensus is that the stock injectors are plenty good) and the transmission. I know if I keep spraying with the pedal down during a shift it does catastrophic things to my tranny...I already did it twice when I forgot to let up during shifts and instead of going faster the tranny wouldn't hook up. I dunno if bulletproofing your transmission with the Level 10 kit would allow you to spray and shift though.

SuperchargedGTZ
02-26-2003, 04:20 PM
same with my car....from 1st to 2nd i have to let off the gas, otherwise....REV limiter, sometimes i can even hit the rev limiter from 2nd to 3rd....i think i am starting to get some slippage...but i could just be crazy :spinner:

HeadAche
02-26-2003, 08:00 PM
I dont suggest running stock internals with any nitrous system especially a 75-shot, even though some of the guyz on the board are doing just that.. I say if your looking into doing nitrous, get a Walbro pump, and some denso injectors at the most 390cc will do just fine.. NItrous needs emmence amounts of fuel to get the right mixture to get the right power ratio..no fuel with, then you just run lean, and then detonation.. do your internals, and then work from there, sometimes running all motor is more fun that relying on a button or a CPU..