PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Amazes me!

MidNightRacing
02-25-2003, 02:08 PM
Well last night I took me car out for a run. Its been sitting in the garage for 3 weeks (accident, but going to take in to a shop befor the end of the week) I had the radio blasting so I really couldnt hear anything. When I got back home (less then an hour I was out) Steped out of the car there were some real bad smells, brunning, and my sister pulls in the drive way and says - Whats That smell?? Well let me get back on track. I poped the hood the fans were blowin'. (ran the car real hard) The smell was coming from the tires :firedevil: and exaust, a little of it from the engine. I know the tranny needs a flush, and I shift real hard ( shound like the story of ThaiAngels car, also ran hard by a 17 year old boy, but im 18 now) What amazes me is that I didnt do any damage to the car. No I dont know how fast I was going. I dont bother to look at the guage when runnig the car. But probly over 65 to 125 the whole time (except when I pulled into the driveway.) And the car has never been driven like this or since 1998 and below (thats when the first owner in New Jersy Had it so I dont know how they treated the car, but I do know how my mom treated the car)

BEAST
02-25-2003, 05:30 PM
I dont bother to look at the guage when runnig the car. But probly over 65 to 125 the whole time (except when I pulled into the driveway.)
Damn kid!

2True
02-25-2003, 06:23 PM
I dont bother to look at the guage when runnig the car. But probly over 65 to 125 the whole time (except when I pulled into the driveway.)
Damn kid!

Seriously... I rely highly on my gauges to give me an idea of how the car is responding. Stuff like temp, rpm's, speed, and gas are all good things to know while driving IMO :laughing:

MidNightRacing
02-25-2003, 07:25 PM
When I do look at it I only check the RPM's with a quick glance, but only when shifting after I press the O.D button I keep my eyes on the road. Oh yeah and these are residential streets I'm doing this on. (oh no whatch out little girl!!! :shock: Splat)

JiP
02-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Exactly what part of ny do u liv where you can hit 125 cause I liv in Brooklyn and ur luck if you can find a 2 block length with no lights or stop signs. I would need a good mile strip to get above 100 in my galant =[

MidNightRacing
02-25-2003, 07:49 PM
HA HA Jip. Thats cause I live in suffolk county on long Island. Theres this nice and long street here after the stop sign (two blocks away from the begining of the block) I just flor it and like for 5-6 block no stop signs. there aint much traffic here!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif So I dont stop at the second stop sign. The cops ar only around here from 2- 4 other wise they aint crusing around here.

JiP
02-25-2003, 07:56 PM
Ahh long island...your not like us jampacked city folk where you can barely get a chance to hit 40 on a normal street. I should move lol

IllestGalant
02-26-2003, 10:05 PM
If you wanna run your ride in NY, come down to Jones Beach and we can run Ocean Parkway all night long. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

JiP
02-26-2003, 11:29 PM
If you wanna run your ride in NY, come down to Jones Beach and we can run Ocean Parkway all night long. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

My friend put a guy in the hospital for 3 months racing on ocean parkway, just knicked him and spun him around like a top onto his face.

Floyd Bennet Field baby right before the bridge to rockaway completely open airfield strip with 4 lane straight mile or so tar strip. Occasional park poliece or detec comes ridin around other then that, nothing to kill but yourself ;D

MidNightRacing
02-27-2003, 02:42 PM
hey i used to live in Far Rock Away.