PDA

View Full Version : Any good shops in the NJ/NYC area to install HIDs

tonivegas82
12-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey guys. I'm looking for a reputable shop in the NY/NYC area that can install my projector/HID kit that I just received. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RedLine DOHC
12-21-2009, 07:37 PM
should be plug and play, would be a great first mod and only slightly harder then changing a head light

tonivegas82
12-22-2009, 12:36 AM
should be plug and play, would be a great first mod and only slightly harder then changing a head light

True but unfortunately Im not too mechanically/electrically inclined. I could easily botch this mod if I did it in my own and I would rather have it professionally installed then cause any damage by doing it myself.

showtime
12-22-2009, 01:23 AM
did you get new headlights and HID's?

fatal1
12-22-2009, 04:03 AM
its real easy... i would just give it a shot yourself...it should be pretty easy to get the hid bulb in the projector housing while the headlight is out...other then that i would say basically any shop should be able to do it

tonivegas82
12-22-2009, 06:59 PM
did you get new headlights and HID's?

Yeah I got the Projector kit w/ Onex HIDs that JM Auto is selling on the forum. I may just give it a shot then this weekend.

showtime
12-22-2009, 07:25 PM
its pretty simple im sure you will be able to do it, if you have questions just take pictures and throw them on the forum and someone can help you

tonivegas82
01-08-2010, 07:27 PM
Yeah I just can't even find the time to even begin do to my work schedule. I'll just throw this out there - if anyone in the NY/NJ area can install these I'll pay them for the labor. I trust more experienced TGC members more than myself. PM me if needed. Thanks.

Jeffylou87
01-09-2010, 04:44 AM
Where are you in jersey? I'll do it for you..

sponcar
01-09-2010, 07:15 AM
It's pretty easy... Have u search about this.!!? There is a bounch of videos in YouTube that can help u to understand how this thing works.. U should do it by ureself than go to the shop and pay them like $40.. Do it and dnt be afraid, if u find something wrong come to the forum and we will help u out otherwise u never gonna do anything to ure car.!!
I mean is not the same to pay someone to do easy stuff to ur car than if u do it by ureself and then enjoy it all the work u putted on it..!! Idk if u get wat I'm tryin to say.!?

tonivegas82
01-09-2010, 03:14 PM
It's pretty easy... Have u search about this.!!? There is a bounch of videos in YouTube that can help u to understand how this thing works.. U should do it by ureself than go to the shop and pay them like $40.. Do it and dnt be afraid, if u find something wrong come to the forum and we will help u out otherwise u never gonna do anything to ure car.!!
I mean is not the same to pay someone to do easy stuff to ur car than if u do it by ureself and then enjoy it all the work u putted on it..!! Idk if u get wat I'm tryin to say.!?

I feel you sponcar. I'm actually keeping the car mostly stock other than this so I'm not really looking to put any more aftermarket stuff to it. I don't even have the time to pull this off with my busy schedule too. I'm cool with installing other stuff on my own but the lights I want to stay away from that. Thanks for the encouragement though.

tjones156
01-09-2010, 06:48 PM
Yeah I got the Projector kit w/ Onex HIDs that JM Auto is selling on the forum. I may just give it a shot then this weekend.

When you have them installed, you should post up pics and a small review of what you think about your projector kit on the selling thread JM Auto has. JM Auto has been tryin to get more rep for this product and nobody seems to wanna say anything about it after they received or even installed it.......

tonivegas82
01-09-2010, 07:13 PM
When you have them installed, you should post up pics and a small review of what you think about your projector kit on the selling thread JM Auto has. JM Auto has been tryin to get more rep for this product and nobody seems to wanna say anything about it after they received or even installed it.......

I intend to post pics once they're installed.