PDA

View Full Version : weird noise after getting tires rotated

2kgalant
02-25-2003, 07:13 PM
after i had my tires rotated, my front left tire makes like this wobbling sound when i am going at about 50+mph. I didn't rotate my tires for a long time and i was told that the sound is coming from uneven wear between the tires. I cant really afford to get new tires right now since i just got into a minor accidnet. Does it matter if i keep driving around with this wobbling noise in my tire?

pinoyesv6
02-25-2003, 07:16 PM
if u have directional tires, make sure they are facing the right direction. check ur lugs, make sure that they tight. uhm check ur tire for some uneven tread wear, check the rim to see if its bent or damaged, hell even look for debris or something

Ed
02-25-2003, 07:19 PM
it sounds like you just need to get the tires rebalanced, if it has a wobble to it. try that and see....

Fishboy55
02-25-2003, 08:03 PM
Since Radials are rotated front to back and not cross side like non-radials, it's doubtful that it's uneven tire wear. Do you have the stock Goodyear Eagles? They are known to be noisy because they're poorly constructed. If the wobble is something you can feel, like someone else said, have them rebalanced.

Chip

95vegasgalant
02-25-2003, 08:28 PM
:twisted: The tire pro is here first is your car lowered and do you have low profile tires if both yes and you said that you havent rotated your tires for a while what it does is that you were cupping the rear tires and now it on the front you can hear it or feel it or unless you have a flat spot :twisted: cupping feel your tire and if the bricks of the tire goes up and down all the way around thats cupping
:twisted: flat spot you locked your brakes and shaved a part of your tire