PDA

View Full Version : 9G is the Last G!!

BIGMONEYDAY
12-31-2009, 06:43 AM
Don't know if this is a repost, but it looks like old Mitsu is going to finally can the Galant in North America. What you guys think about this?

9G
12-31-2009, 07:40 AM
any links?

Johnathansgalant
12-31-2009, 08:14 AM
its a repost and there is a 10g already by the way

DryBear
12-31-2009, 12:45 PM
There is no 10G - the last Galant was merely a facelift, where the rear lights and front appearance changed. The underlying chassis remains the same, so it cannot be considered a new generation.

I would not be surprised if Mutsu pulled the plug on the Galant. The last car show I went to had the Galant waaaaaay in the back and almost out of sight. Heck, they don't even list the V6 or Ralliart on the US website, but only the I4 trims.

beam514
12-31-2009, 05:02 PM
There is no 10G - the last Galant was merely a facelift, where the rear lights and front appearance changed. The underlying chassis remains the same, so it cannot be considered a new generation.

I would not be surprised if Mutsu pulled the plug on the Galant. The last car show I went to had the Galant waaaaaay in the back and almost out of sight. Heck, they don't even list the V6 or Ralliart on the US website, but only the I4 trims.

there is a 10G concept. But that's all it is - a concept

glantv699
12-31-2009, 05:22 PM
I told a service guy at the dealership that it was going away and he disagreed. The latest 9G is pretty much a 9Gb like the 8Gb. I wouldn't be surprised if this car has no future. I ran into the same situation as DryBear at the 09 car show in Philadelphia, limited Mitsu showing, 1 Galant, tucked in the back.

After the 8G, this model lost its appeal, unfortunate but also the truth. If Mitsu can design and produce the Evo, why can't they make a competitive sports sedan? Perhaps there is no need for this car in the lineup anymore....cars have generally become bulkier and oversized. Just compare the Evo X to the 8G. In the end, some platforms simply just die out.

beam514
12-31-2009, 05:24 PM
true, the Evo X is bulky, and probably has more room than my 8G haha. But they should go back to the slim, sleek design style of the 7G and 8G. Though the US does like its cars bigger now...

G-spot
12-31-2009, 05:43 PM
Lack of innovation. Both from the manufacturer and the owners. Heck, the few innovations in the last few years that I've seen done to this platform comes from a guy in Helotes, TX and that's just ONE person. We all say 4g Eclipse parts will fit but how many 9g owners actualy put these parts to good use let alone experienced forced induction? I'd say let this platform die for a while until Mitsu decides later in the future whether another (appealing) mid-size sedan is needed for their product line-up.

Rach3T8G
12-31-2009, 06:52 PM
if this is true then that sucks

Team Helotes
12-31-2009, 07:17 PM
Lack of innovation. Both from the manufacturer and the owners. Heck, the few innovations in the last few years that I've seen done to this platform comes from a guy in Helotes, TX and that's just ONE person. We all say 4g Eclipse parts will fit but how many 9g owners actualy put these parts to good use let alone experienced forced induction? I'd say let this platform die for a while until Mitsu decides later in the future whether another (appealing) mid-size sedan is needed for their product line-up.

That is me. I just did some things I though looked cool on my car.

I am hoping do do some kind of turbo in 2010 on my v6.

gofer03
12-31-2009, 10:10 PM

Do they even offer the 9g in the v6 or ralliart platform for the '10 model? I didn't see it on their website either. I did see a '10 galant ralliart, (don't know if it was a concept or not) at mod in normal, Ill this past september.

Team Helotes
01-01-2010, 01:28 AM
No v6 any more.

Galante
01-01-2010, 07:46 AM
it's time to love evos..

BIGMONEYDAY
01-01-2010, 12:00 PM
any links?

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081103/ANA03/811030357/1181/MANUFACTURING#

big&bad
01-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Mitsubishi pulls back in manufacturing cars - here the Galant died in 2004, the 8G had been the last one... I knew a lot of guys that would give their right arm for a 9G or a 10g Ralliart - me too. but it´s quite impossible to import them to Europe, Mitsubishi denies the warranty....
So they sold the license for the Outlander to Citroen, in fact Citroen nowaday sells twice as much of them as mitsubishi does....
The Miev, the small electric cars, will now be produced by PSA, that means Peugeot and Citroen.
I talked to the manger at MMD, who cares for the owner-clubs, and he told me that in fact Mitsubishi maybe retires from manufacturing a wide space of cars. There shall be only a few left in the coming years, maybe Mitsubishi Motors turn into an engeneering-company for oher manufacturers....
At what plants the Galant 9G/10G is buildt?

procksa49er
01-04-2010, 12:33 PM
Talked with my local dealer here in North Carolina about a Maps update for the 2009 ralliart I have since the maps are 2008 version... He said check back mid 2010...That Mitsu wasn't putting out a Maps update until the 2011 Galant was introduced around that time as well... So mixed reports with the CEO saying no more and my local dealer saying major overhaul to design similar to concept out there (the Audi looking one)....

Boosted
01-04-2010, 04:08 PM
ld a service guy at the dealership that it was going away and he disagre
After the 8G, this model lost its appeal, unfortunate but also the truth. If Mitsu can design and produce the Evo, why can't they make a competitive sports sedan?

The Evo is a competitive sports sedan. There isn't enough interest in the Galant platform to continue production especially at a sports-car standpoint.

Do they even offer the 9g in the v6 or ralliart platform for the '10 model? I didn't see it on their website either. I did see a '10 galant ralliart, (don't know if it was a concept or not) at mod in normal, Ill this past september.

Yes, the Ralliart 9G has a V6 which is also found in the 4G GT. Yes, there is a 2010 Ralliart model.

Jeffylou87
01-09-2010, 06:14 AM
Sad..

Its Reu
02-05-2010, 12:10 AM
o well

4g63lover
02-05-2010, 12:20 AM
I've always wanted a 9G. But the fact that it didn't come in stick kept me away from it. One day, I'll find a way to swap it.