PDA

View Full Version : Stalling problem may be due to electrical problem?

racesnos
01-05-2010, 09:34 AM
Okay so let me explain everything as crystal clear as I can.

I have recently read through some of the threads on here that have similar problems to what I am having but I would like to explain my situation in detail so you have an idea of what I exactly am dealing with. Last night my gf and I left our apartmnent to go to the store. She asked me to connect my iPod accessory cable in the back of the stereo, so as a result of this, it led me to have to pull out the stereo and connect the wire to the aux input on the back of it. Once I did that I was trying to run the cable to my glove box and when I was running the cable the stereo started to make a feedback sound so I pulled my hand out and when I did that the sound went away but came back when I put the unit back in it's place. So I pulled out the unit to check the wiring and everything appeared to look fine but something happened when I put the stereo back in, my interior lighting fuse blew. I didn't know this at that exact moment so I drove to wal mart and then when I parked usually the headlights turn off automatically if you leave them on when you get out of the car and this time they didn't. They stayed on and so I had to manually turn them off.

Came out of wal mart after about 15-20 mins and got in the car and backed out of the spot and driving no more then 10-15 feet I come to the first stop sign in the parking lot and the car dies. It tried to grab itself when the RPMs dropped but no success. So I restarted the car and drove around the parking lot for a few and everytime I came to a stop the car would try and grab itself but would have no success in staying on. I opened up the stereo again to check if any wires were crossing or had been improperly exposed and nothing so I took it out completely. Went to a gas station to put gas in and it did it again. The gas station I went to was about 35 mins away from where I was and I had no trouble getting there once I pulled out the stereo but when i got there trouble came back with a vengence. Once I started the car, it wouldn't stay on. It would start but wouldn't be able to stay on. This did this a few times and so I checked all my fuses and found the interior lighting one blew so I replaced it with one that was new. Got in the car started it and then it started up and was fine for running idle. Went around the block a few times and then the car seemed to be normal again. Drove home and went to sleep.

Then I went to the bank today and now I was trying to pull in and again when I slow down I am unsure if the car will live or if it wants to die. Sometimes it lives and other times I am restarting it. If I turn the wheel when I am slowing down to a stop, it's almost a guarantee that the car will die.

I am so lost on what it could be. The lights that come on the dash would be the battery light and the brake light. What could be my problem?

03-Galant-ES
01-05-2010, 09:50 AM
It may just be coincidence that you were fussing with the stereo.

Check the positive and negative connectors on the battery for corrosion, you may need to sand them down. It sounds like your alternator is fine so I would start with checking the battery and the terminal connectors.

If that doesnt work then I would recheck all the wires to make sure somethign didnt rub and strip a wire causing it to short on the body.

Galant Evolution
01-05-2010, 10:07 AM
Check the battery, make sure the connections and grounds are good and tight. Do you have a volt gauge? Whats the volts with the car on, and with the car off? Check the wiring completly making sure there is no frayed wires that cannot short out. make sure there are no kinks and the wires look healthy. Not sure why the car would shut off and die or why the headlights would stay on without auto shut off when the door is opened. Also i had similar problems like this one, i was so confused but it was the fuse that controls the radio under the hood in the fuse box. Check it, if its burnt replace it and let us know!

03-Galant-ES
01-05-2010, 10:09 AM
Check the battery, make sure the connections and grounds are good and tight. Do you have a volt gauge? Whats the volts with the car on, and with the car off? Check the wiring completly making sure there is no frayed wires that cannot short out. make sure there are no kinks and the wires look healthy. Not sure why the car would shut off and die or why the headlights would stay on without auto shut off when the door is opened. Also i had similar problems like this one, i was so confused but it was the fuse that controls the radio under the hood in the fuse box. Check it, if its burnt replace it and let us know!

I think he has replaced it, just to make sure it was the right one. I believe(if I remember correctly) it is the 10 amp #22 in the yellow fuse holder.

Galant Evolution
01-05-2010, 02:24 PM
^^ yes sir thats the one!

blac on blac99
09-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Okay so let me explain everything as crystal clear as I can.

I have recently read through some of the threads on here that have similar problems to what I am having but I would like to explain my situation in detail so you have an idea of what I exactly am dealing with. Last night my gf and I left our apartmnent to go to the store. She asked me to connect my iPod accessory cable in the back of the stereo, so as a result of this, it led me to have to pull out the stereo and connect the wire to the aux input on the back of it. Once I did that I was trying to run the cable to my glove box and when I was running the cable the stereo started to make a feedback sound so I pulled my hand out and when I did that the sound went away but came back when I put the unit back in it's place. So I pulled out the unit to check the wiring and everything appeared to look fine but something happened when I put the stereo back in, my interior lighting fuse blew. I didn't know this at that exact moment so I drove to wal mart and then when I parked usually the headlights turn off automatically if you leave them on when you get out of the car and this time they didn't. They stayed on and so I had to manually turn them off.

Came out of wal mart after about 15-20 mins and got in the car and backed out of the spot and driving no more then 10-15 feet I come to the first stop sign in the parking lot and the car dies. It tried to grab itself when the RPMs dropped but no success. So I restarted the car and drove around the parking lot for a few and everytime I came to a stop the car would try and grab itself but would have no success in staying on. I opened up the stereo again to check if any wires were crossing or had been improperly exposed and nothing so I took it out completely. Went to a gas station to put gas in and it did it again. The gas station I went to was about 35 mins away from where I was and I had no trouble getting there once I pulled out the stereo but when i got there trouble came back with a vengence. Once I started the car, it wouldn't stay on. It would start but wouldn't be able to stay on. This did this a few times and so I checked all my fuses and found the interior lighting one blew so I replaced it with one that was new. Got in the car started it and then it started up and was fine for running idle. Went around the block a few times and then the car seemed to be normal again. Drove home and went to sleep.

Then I went to the bank today and now I was trying to pull in and again when I slow down I am unsure if the car will live or if it wants to die. Sometimes it lives and other times I am restarting it. If I turn the wheel when I am slowing down to a stop, it's almost a guarantee that the car will die.

I am so lost on what it could be. The lights that come on the dash would be the battery light and the brake light. What could be my problem?

check ur battery relay its on da battey if its good check ur altonator and r belt