PDA

View Full Version : Seals for timing belt job Question?

fisherca22
01-13-2010, 04:18 PM
I have a 2000 galant ES 2.4L with 97000 miles and want to clarify what seals I need for the timing belt. I have the timing belt kit with the balance shaft belt and the other two accessory belts, the water pump and the seal for that.

DO I need a camshaft seal and a crankshaft seal and oil pump seal and thats it?? Is my question.

Thanks

stvn_mj
01-13-2010, 04:28 PM
I just recently replaced my timing belt not even 3k miles ago. I replaced everything since that was the second timing belt job. If the seals are in good condition and you see no leaks then it sould be okay but I would replace any seals just to be safe. You dont have to but its better while your already in there. I would also recommend replacing the crank sensor. I paid $50 for it at AZ.

krow
01-13-2010, 05:15 PM
When I replaced my belt I replaced all seals and the water pump while everything was apart. The seals are inexpensive...just buy OEM from the dealer and you should be ok.

fisherca22
01-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Are the seals that I mentioned above the only ones I need for the timing belt job?

I saw a timing cover seal also, so Do I need this seal too? Does that mean I need 4 seals total?

krow
01-14-2010, 09:46 PM
I went to the dealer and worked with them to get all of the seals needed...