PDA

View Full Version : Honking horn shuts off car LOL

JiP
02-26-2003, 06:54 PM
This is the funiest problem, were probably destroying my car but its just to damn funy when you hitmy car while its idling most of the time it shuts off. Just noticed it last week I normaly never hit the horn I just yell out the window (nyc thing), honked the horn on a dude sleeping at the light and my car stalled. Did it again later on same thing, everytime i pick someone up today I honk for them and they laugh as my engine shuts off LOL.

Whats up with that?!

BEAST
02-26-2003, 07:04 PM
My car did something similar to that twice. I was just sitting at a stop light, then all of a sudden my horn beeped on it's own and then my car shut off. Did it when I stopped at a stopsign once too.

Khopari
02-26-2003, 07:32 PM
sweett,,, umm werid

MidNightRacing
02-26-2003, 08:20 PM
I could just picture you two https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif honking then your car shuting off :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :hhg: Well sorry I cant help you but its just funny as hell.

JiP
02-26-2003, 08:28 PM
Awww it lost the power I tried to do it justnow when I picked up my girl but it didnt work. after like 20 min drive I held the horn down for like a full 30 seoconds andmy rpm dropped to like 300 but car didnt shutoff.

BTW the horn isnt honking on its own. I am honking it. Where is my boy MannyBrews!

IllestGalant
02-26-2003, 10:17 PM
the horn is a very isolated circuit, it consist of a fuse, a relay, a button and a horn. The only thing even remotely related to the vehicle running is that the fuse gets it's power from the ignition switch. possibly a faulty ignition switch. only other thing I can think of is if you are overloading the alternator or battery when the horn is depressed, but horns don't use a lot of current so I wouldn't point towards a power problem. damn...?

BEAST
02-27-2003, 01:17 AM
See JiP pressed his horn and the car shut off. On mine the horn honked on it's own and shut off.

JiP
02-27-2003, 01:36 AM
See JiP pressed his horn and the car shut off. On mine the horn honked on it's own and shut off.

Bro honking on its own is the funiest shit ever. I seen some guy go down my block the other night with his alarm goingoff while he was driving, it would shut his car off I guess he had a cutoff switch. Start it back up..drive 2 feet the alarm sonds ome on and i see his car stop again and engine shut. I was pissin my pants.

JiP
02-27-2003, 01:37 AM
Screw it no one knows the answers ill just use my horn like an emergecy engine cutoff switch lol

MidNightRacing
02-27-2003, 02:50 PM

Bro honking on its own is the funiest shit ever. I seen some guy go down my block the other night with his alarm goingoff while he was driving, it would shut his car off I guess he had a cutoff switch. Start it back up..drive 2 feet the alarm sonds ome on and i see his car stop again and engine shut. I was pissin my pants.

Yeah i saw something similar it was a greeen 1998 or 99 caddy. The guy was drivin all crazy in the stop n shop parking lot wit the alarm on. I think that he was stealing the car.