PDA

View Full Version : Intake Manifolds

cyuenchon
01-20-2010, 06:46 AM
Alright, does anyone know the differences between the intake manifolds for the 4th gen eclipse, 9th gen galant and the 06 lancer ralliart? they all share the same gasket, so i know they fit, but Mitsubishi's Parts dept. informed me that all 3 manifolds are completely different parts (part #'s).

so im wondering which manifold produces the best results in hp and ftlbs.
if anyone can enlighten me id much appreciate it.

Shadow19
01-20-2010, 07:24 AM
If the throttle body and sensors match up from one to another it all depends on runner lengths and shit. If you want more top, mid, bottom power you change the lengths of the runners (not sure what gives you what). Compare and research. Say if longer runners give you more bottom end and thats what you want and the 4g has the longest runners then get that one etc. Hope this helps.

cyuenchon
01-20-2010, 09:30 AM
your just giving me info that i already know. the tb and all the sensors fit, theyre all completely interchangable. but they also all look very similar. so im trying to figure out which each produce on the same motor with the same ecu

Jeffylou87
01-20-2010, 09:34 AM
I would say the Ralli-Art considering it's turbo/awd. Wouldn't it need more air?

Shadow19
01-20-2010, 08:24 PM
your just giving me info that i already know. the tb and all the sensors fit, theyre all completely interchangable. but they also all look very similar. so im trying to figure out which each produce on the same motor with the same ecu

well next time i wont chime in and help you. If they look similar, feel similar, measure similar then that means they are the fucking same! Truth be told mitsubishi didnt change the manifold they just tuned it a little better or some stupid shit.

cyuenchon
01-21-2010, 05:40 AM
i wasnt dismissing your help, just stating that i already knew that. was just trying to figure out which one was tuned to have better results.