PDA

View Full Version : sun visor

missbitchy
02-26-2003, 09:47 PM
i wanna take the visors off so i can either paint them or get them done over in vinyl, i want them black to match my soon to be leather (once this group buy is done) how do u take them off, and which should i do paint them or find a way to get them redone in vinyl????

TWISTED II
02-26-2003, 11:43 PM
um, its like, 2 screws. just look where the visor is in the roof, and ya hafta pop off a lil cap or something. then there are 2 screws and a clip for the electric. i'm 94% sure thats how its done....i can't remember, i "shaved" my visors, ha ha ha. haven't had them for about a year. btw, paint them, don't waste time with vinyl on a lil piece like that, it'll be much easier to paint.

missbitchy
02-26-2003, 11:58 PM
how do i get them of without messing them up? when i try sounds like im breaking something btw love ur ride.... ;0)

CallaoNY
02-27-2003, 02:27 PM
sup I wrote a reply b4 but its not showin so just in case.. I wanted to know how can u take out the warning lable off o' the visor???

missbitchy
02-28-2003, 12:30 PM
i got them off but like callaony asked how do you get the warning lable off?

BlankMan
02-28-2003, 01:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(missbitchy)</div><div class='quotemain'>i got them off but like callaony asked how do you get the warning lable off?</div>

You should go with recovering them with a vinyl that will match your leather instead of painting. Do that, and you won't have to worry about the warning label.

While your at it, why not have the headliner recovered to match?

J

CallaoNY
03-01-2003, 04:52 PM
besides covering them .. is there anyway to take the warning labels off?

TWISTED II
03-01-2003, 05:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(missbitchy)</div><div class='quotemain'>how do i get them of without messing them up? when i try sounds like im breaking something btw love ur ride.... ;0)</div>

thank you :thumbsup:

um, about the warning lable, i don't think theres a way to get them off. i know, it sucks. but i remember them not being a sticker, but almost like they were ironed on or something. i can't really remember. i'de just wrap em in some vinyl or some headliner material. if you do headliner material, your lookin at about a 20-25 dollar job, not too bad. good luck.

VegasMatt
03-02-2003, 10:43 PM
I wonder if the visors of a Japanese Galant would have those visor stickers in Japanese, I think it would be cool to have.