PDA

View Full Version : 7G stock radio security code

o0 XeRO G 0o
02-26-2003, 09:50 PM
i had to take my batery out and recharge it cuz somebody *cough* dad *cough* left the key on acc al nite. once we got the battery reinstalled and i went to turn on the radio, it tells me to put in a code for it to work. i didnt know i would need a code, so i look in the manual. sure enough theres supposed to be a card with the code on it. the guy we bought the car off of didnt leave the card in the car, and now it's lost. is there any sort of master code or any way i can get it to play without my card? thanks

manybrews
02-26-2003, 10:07 PM
you have to remove the radio and get both the serial number and the model numder off of it.

goto a mitsu dealer and explain the situation to them. We have access to all the radio codes ever, so as long as you can prove its yours, you should be okay.

if they hassle you, just get those two numbers and give them to me. Ill get them for you.

jmg626chi
02-26-2003, 11:01 PM
I doubt this will work, but who knows - I had the same problem and the code for mine was 6071. Its a 97 Galant ES. Hope this helps!

GalantSpeed
03-22-2003, 12:30 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmg626chi)</div><div class='quotemain'>I doubt this will work, but who knows - I had the same problem and the code for mine was 6071. Â*Its a 97 Galant ES. Â*Hope this helps!</div>

yeah mine was the same code 6071...

GalantSpeed
03-22-2003, 08:03 PM
my bad mine is 6571

manybrews
03-22-2003, 09:35 PM
they are all different. There wouldnt be much point is putting a security code on a radio if they were all the same, now, would there be?

GalantSpeed
03-23-2003, 01:21 AM
yeah your right, just take it up the dealership, and they can get it for you.

o0 XeRO G 0o
03-24-2003, 06:52 PM
i got to call them tmrw when the service department is open. hopefully i'll have it figured out soon. see, i already tried the three times with codes i thought would be right, but they werent and now when i turn the power on the radio on, it says off on the screen. does anybody know how to get rid of that? I'm pretty sure they'll tell me how tmrw, but just figured I'd check here too. Thanks

GalantSpeed
03-24-2003, 07:09 PM
you gotta disconnect your battery for about an hour then it will reset.

o0 XeRO G 0o
03-24-2003, 07:21 PM
i already tried that while i was installing my CAI, my battery was disconnected for at least 2 hrs. still no luck...

GalantSpeed
03-24-2003, 07:39 PM
chk your owners manual, i'm almost positive it tells you how to clear it. try leaving it disconnected over night, damn it let me get my manual.....hang on a sec...ok this is what the owners manual says to do:

1) Return the power supply to the normal condition(hook the battery back up)
2) Place the ignition key in the "ACC" position (let it sit there for a few minutes, it could take up to 30 mins to completely reset)
3) Press the button (#1), and "codE" will be shown on the display.
4) Press #1 through #4 memory select button to set the four digit security code. Everytime the each digit key is pressed, the figure changes as follows:
0 --> 1 --> 2....9 --> 0 (so basically, enter the last digit of the security code last and so on....)
5) Press the #4 button, and a beep will be heard and the audio system will be the operating condition.
6) If the security codes do not match, " 1Err" is shown on the display. In a few seconds, it will change to "codE". So repeat steps 4 and 5.
**) if you enter the code wrong 3 times it will display "off". disconnect the batery for a few minutes, reconnect the battery and put the key in the ACC position, leave it there for about 10-30 minutes and try again.

o0 XeRO G 0o
03-24-2003, 07:44 PM
in my manual, it said to call a local mitsu dealer for assistance. hmm... but hey man, thanks alot. you did alot more than u had to lol.. i appreciate it :wink:

GalantSpeed
03-24-2003, 07:46 PM
no prob, anything for a fellow galant owner.

manybrews
03-24-2003, 10:10 PM
if it says "off", you entered the wrong code 3 times in a row.
the only way to get it back to the programming screen is to leave the radio on (so it says "off") for one hour.
it will then shut totally off, and you will get the work "code" again upon the next time you attempt to turn it on.

At which time you are suppost to enter the code SPECIFIC to your radio ONLY!
All radios have a different code, as ive stated already. You need to take your serial number to mitsu in order to get it, as well as some proof of ownership (unless the dealership is run by idiots).

o0 XeRO G 0o
03-25-2003, 02:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(manybrews)</div><div class='quotemain'>
All radios have a different code, as ive stated already. Â*You need to take your serial number to mitsu in order to get it, as well as some proof of ownership (unless the dealership is run by idiots).</div>

lmao. i just got off the phone with customer service and the guy gave me the code, no questions asked. really nice guy... but i finally got my code 5775. now to go reset the radio... the only thing is, the guy told me to turn my car on for an hour, and let it run. i dont think thats right, so i'll trust manybrews (since of course, he is a tad bit smarter than the rest of us on mitsubishi cars)

but thanks for all your help guys...

manybrews
03-25-2003, 05:14 PM
you dont need to let it run for an hour, but you do need to at least have it in the "acc" position so as to power up the radio. As i stated in my last post.

jmg626chi
03-26-2003, 11:00 AM
Hell, all this trouble for the factory stereo.......I went through the same thing with my Galant when I bought it....Paid $50 for the code, then the LCD died the next week. Then the dealer said another $150 to replace the stereo. If I would have just bought a new head unit to begin with I would have saved myself some major hassle.

It blows my mind that Mitsubishi (and other car makers, as well) put these draconian anti-theft devices on their FACTORY unit, which really sounds no better than the ten year old clock radio that sits next to my bed. Is there really a big black market for a low-power Mitsubishi cassette/radio unit?

To anyone who encounters this in the future and just wants basic use of the stereo, bite the bullet and get a new head unit. You can find something nice and basic for under $120 and it will sound far better than the well-protected piece of crap that is currently staring you in the face.

manybrews
03-26-2003, 08:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmg626chi)</div><div class='quotemain'>
It blows my mind that Mitsubishi (and other car makers, as well) put these draconian anti-theft devices on their FACTORY unit, which really sounds no better than the ten year old clock radio that sits next to my bed. Â*Is there really a big black market for a low-power Mitsubishi cassette/radio unit?
</div>
its funny that you mention that.. as ive often wondered the same.
However, have you ever priced a NEW mitsu radio? The infinity head in a diamante is nearly 1000 bucks! outrageous!
Regardless, for the 2003 year they finally chucked the anti-theft radio on all their cars. thank god.

queball
03-29-2003, 01:46 AM
to make it simple look under the dash for the mail wiring harness it has a tag on it with a bar code and some numbers your radio code is that single 4 digit number on that tag..

manybrews
03-29-2003, 09:58 AM
to make it simple look under the dash for the mail wiring harness it has a tag on it with a bar code and some numbers your radio code is that single 4 digit number on that tag..
nope, thats wrong.

queball
03-29-2003, 06:57 PM
nope, thats wrong.

You must be looking in the wrong spot becouse it is on the tag under there..

manybrews
03-29-2003, 07:20 PM
the "I.D" card is NOT suppost to be attached to any thing.
Its a credit card sized tag, and its meant to be kept somewhere OTHER than your car.

And its certainly not attached to any wiring harness from the factory, so someone did that on their own.