PDA

View Full Version : brakes?

seattlesuperman
02-27-2003, 12:40 PM
ok I have a 2002 galant i purchased 5 months ago i am starting to have my brakes making sounds. It's been progressing laltely. Is this common so soon on the galant? any input let me know...

pinoyesv6
02-27-2003, 12:43 PM
5 months doesn't mean much. its the mileage that matters. nonetheless, if ur having brake problems and ur mileage is still low, take it to the dealer...and get them to fix it for free. brakes aren't under the bumper to bumper warranty but they do kinda have one...

seattlesuperman
02-27-2003, 12:53 PM
thanks for the input i"ve put 9800 miles on my car since i bought it new. I will make sure to have it checked out.

Auto-9
02-27-2003, 06:10 PM
And yes, brakes are a common complaint on the Galants, there's even a lawsuit. But don't jump to conclusions just yet. Could be they're just dirty and need a thorough cleaning.

Gilhuly
02-28-2003, 02:33 PM
Making sounds? In colder weather the brake pads seem more likely to squeal. Basically, though 9in the era of Non-asbestos brake pads squeal is much more common. Taking off the pads and coating the backs with anti-squeal spray definitely helps and should stop squeal.

o2xtype
02-28-2003, 03:05 PM
i have a 2002 Galant as well and not more then 4 months went buy i had to change my brakes as well, but after changin my brakes twice in a year that i've had the car, I had a local performance shop find me a pair of sports brakes that haven't gave me problems yet. I'll ask where they got them so you can check into it. I wish they made some performance rotors for the 2002 galant already :x