PDA

View Full Version : bi-xenon kit

bigmacak22
02-03-2010, 12:24 PM
hi there i just need help..yesterday i installed on my galant bi xenon kit..but today when i turn the lights on the passenger side light works and on the driver side light is not working,,i also can hear the driver side ballast clicking sound..but when i switch the light bulbs the one which is not working to the passenger side that bulb works than..but the only problem is a driver side..does that cause because my battery on the car is dead..i can't even start the car the battery is done..so does that causing the lightning not working..or what can be the problem..thanks to anyone who is telling me what to do

AlpineG
02-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Sounds like its lack of power. Try charging the battery and turn on the headlights.

OMEGA PHX
02-03-2010, 03:20 PM
So you are asking if having a dead battery is the cause for lights not working?

Reelax
02-03-2010, 06:38 PM
HID needs a short burst of 15amps+ to ignite then only needs about 3-4amps to run once warmed up. if your battery is dead, the HID ballasts can't get the power they need to ignite the arcs in the capsules. charge your battery or get a new one.

bigmacak22
02-03-2010, 07:03 PM
can it be a bad ground..because one light is working and one is not..so i didn't put the ground where it needs to be..i mounted on the place on the metal of the car..

Reelax
02-03-2010, 07:26 PM
can it be a bad ground..because one light is working and one is not..so i didn't put the ground where it needs to be..i mounted on the place on the metal of the car..

probably has nothing to do with the ground since the other side is trying to ignite, telling me it's getting some power (both positive and ground). you need to charge the battery or get a new one. if the problem continues after that, then one of the ballast is not getting enough power to ignite and u will have to get a relay harness so that both ballasts get power dirctly from the battery via a relay activated by the stock wiring. just get your battery sorted out first before trying to trouble shoot anything else.

bigmacak22
02-03-2010, 09:40 PM
thanks reelax..the battery now is good..i got new one today..so what is the next step to proceed the testing..

polishmafia
02-03-2010, 09:58 PM
You installed a new battery and are still having the same problem?

Reelax
02-03-2010, 10:06 PM
swap capsules from side to side. if the same capsule works on both sides then u the othe capsule may be bad; if only one side (the same side) works then you may have a bad ballast.

g-ridda
02-03-2010, 11:21 PM
check your fuses you blew one

Jeffylou87
02-03-2010, 11:24 PM
Try the bulb that isn't working on the opposite side. Disconnect it from the ballast and plug it into the other. If it works, then something is up with your ballast.

bigmacak22
02-04-2010, 08:42 AM
problem solved..lights are working now..it's a BAD GROUND that was a using a battery..so i got to relocate the ground..and now when i turn the lights on they are working properly..so there is no more of a problems with lights...thanks to all of you guys who came in here and who were helping me..