PDA

View Full Version : Help with AllData

Sphinx
02-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Hi folks!
I was helping a mechanic the other day while I was at work and he told me I should head to the library and look up info on my car through AllData.
He said to look under the Tech Service Bulletins and then focus on Customer Interests.
What he said is that these are the issues that arent official Recalls but if a customer goes in with those complaints they are obligated to fix them! This sounds great but none of the librarys in my area subscribe to AllData.
Who can help a fellow Gallant owner out!? :saint:
Thanks!!!

Sphinx
2000 Gallant ES

polishmafia
02-06-2010, 10:06 PM
TSBs do exist, and if you as a customer go into a dealer or another shop, we are obligated to fix them, as long as you pay the bill.

TSBs are not recalls like you said, but complaining about them will not get the problems fixed free of charge.

RedGalant2k1
02-06-2010, 10:41 PM
No need to subscribe to ALLData for TSB information. It is required to be public knowledge, and in fact owners are supposed to be issued TSB notifications when release. So if a TSB is released on your 2000 Galant and you are the registered owner, you would be mailed a letter about it.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/tsbsearch.cfm

Enjoy!!!

toeknee02
02-23-2010, 12:35 PM
yea subscribe to alldata. its like $3000 a year i think. but thats for every car. you can just subscribe to alldata for just your owe car, which i think is like $30 or so. or you could get a service manual from the dealership for like $150 or so. or you could jus get a haynes manual from the parts store then go back to the mecanic who told you about the TSBs and have him print'em out for you.