PDA

View Full Version : Alloyz Covers:

KNJGalant2002
02-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Hi,

I was looking to get the alloyz covers for when I put my rims on in the spring hopefully sometime next month. If it ever stops snowing. But as I was looking on the Alloyz website it has two options for the Galant.

4 wheel disc set or 2 disc and 2 drums? Which one does the Galant come with stock? I am really not too sure on the difference and I want to get the right one. There is a twenty dollar difference between the two. If anybody has any insight to this? I would be greatful b/c I want to order them but I have no idea what my car has in regards to the drums and discs.

Thanks,
Kristy

Sowndwayv
02-27-2003, 07:37 PM
depends on which galant you have. i see that u have an ES i4, im not sure if 4 disc brakes was an option, but i have the same model and i have 2 disc brakes up front, and 2 drum brakes in the rear. also, u can tell by lookin at them if u take off ur tires (assuming you have hubcaps as i do). there will always be disc brakes in the front, if ur rear brakes look different, then they are drum

KNJGalant2002
02-27-2003, 08:46 PM
Thanks for the fast reply. I will look at them 2morrow. It sounds easy enough to tell the two apart.

Prophet
02-28-2003, 12:28 AM
Actually I think that hyperdrivesystems.com. The manufactures that made the Alloyz are now closed. If you clicked on the link on the main page. That page was actually made by BGR. Look at the address and you will see www.thegalantcenter.com or something like that.

Hyperdrive ('http://www.hyperdrivesystems.com/')

Jason

KNJGalant2002
02-28-2003, 01:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Outlawzcc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually I think that hyperdrivesystems.com. Â*The manufactures that made the Alloyz are now closed. Â*If you clicked on the link on the main page. Â*That page was actually made by BGR. Â*Look at the address and you will see www.thegalantcenter.com or something like that. Â*

Jason</div>

Do you know if they are still selling the product? That sucks if there not. I really wanted those instead of painting my calipers. :cry:

pinoyesv6
02-28-2003, 01:09 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KNJGalant2002)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you know if they are still selling the product? Â*That sucks if there not. I really wanted those instead of painting my calipers. Â* :cry:</div>

but the alloys don't cover ur calipers...so they'd still look stock colored...

Prophet
02-28-2003, 01:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KNJGalant2002)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Outlawzcc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually I think that hyperdrivesystems.com. Â*The manufactures that made the Alloyz are now closed. Â*If you clicked on the link on the main page. Â*That page was actually made by BGR. Â*Look at the address and you will see www.thegalantcenter.com or something like that. Â*

Jason</div>

Do you know if they are still selling the product? That sucks if there not. I really wanted those instead of painting my calipers. :cry:</div>

I don't think so. I tried to call no answer and the emails I sent just came back to me. I was rather disappointed to. I wanted to order some as well but I found out the bad news. Maybe Rich has another way of contacting him because the web pages are still active. You can pull them up on Google.

Jason

KNJGalant2002
02-28-2003, 03:52 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(PinoyESV6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KNJGalant2002)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you know if they are still selling the product? Â*That sucks if there not. I really wanted those instead of painting my calipers. Â* :cry:</div>

but the alloys don't cover ur calipers...so they'd still look stock colored...</div>

Well I mean the drum covers but then I would not paint my calipers as well. There would be too much color. Maybe I would paint them black with the blue Alloyz covers.

KNJGalant2002
02-28-2003, 08:03 AM
I just tried calling the company and their number has been disconnected. Well there goes that idea. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

missbitchy
03-02-2003, 12:54 PM
does anyone know if another company makes them?