PDA

View Full Version : New from Indiana

LD25Delta9
02-11-2010, 10:09 AM
Howdy all, I just picked up a 2000 ES for $800.00. It came with 19's, too! The only problem is that the engine is seized. Apparently due to oil starvation and a cold start..... There's no leaks underneath, so I'm hoping nothing is cracked on the inside, or warped for that matter. I've ordered a rebuild kit minus rods and a minor list of other things. Things should commence by the end of next week on getting the engine out and rebuilt. I'm hoping for a 1 week turn-around, seeing as I'm new to the 4g64, but there will be one point I am at the mercy of a machine shop: Getting the old pistons off and the new ones pressed on. If the block is trashed, I'll be looking for a fresh bare 4g64 block for cheap.

Other than that here's a little background on me:

I'm into DSM mainly, from the 4g63 to 420a. I also have a fairly strong background in Honda B and D series. I feel almost like a double agent sometimes.....:043: I picked this up as a good DD for the wife so I can get to prepping my 420a drag car. I've been working on cars for the last 10 years with suprising success and I'm in school right now for the Automotive Technician field, but here's my inside track: I've lived across the street from a top local mechanic's shop that is owned by one of the previous instructors for the last 5 years and have had the opportunity to learn from the master mechanic directly. I'm by no means what-so-ever anywhere near that, but for me in these early classes, it's just learning the vocabulary, not the method.

I'm interested in putting a Outlander intake on, and the gamut of other n/t upgrades, mainly geared towards fuel economy. I'm going for more of the VIP style than anything else. Nice headers, intake, muffler, a non-aggressive body kit, an engine rebuild and a flush with RP ATF should do the trick. I'm using all royal purple lubrication products in the rebuild, from break-in oil, to assembly lube. Should be a fun project.

Anyways, thanks for reading my novel. If anyone has some helpful links related to my future plans that they want to toss up, that'd be great. For some reason, I tried downloading the 8g service manual, and got a whole lotta nadda. It didn't even download the proper file....oh well, I'll just have to get the Chilton's....Hey, it's better than Haynes.

Galantfan88
02-11-2010, 10:13 AM
Welcome to TGC!!! Hope we can be of some help to you. Get some pix of the car and post some up for us to see what you got