PDA

View Full Version : Strut Installation wont work? confused..?

duh2150
02-16-2010, 07:17 PM
alright I don't this like 4 times on my own galant it was lowered and I put the stock springs back on because it was tearing the crap out of my tires, so i was installing it and it doesn't fit or something it put the upper bolts in a little loose so it hangs and them finally shove a bolt in at the lower, on either hole, but then the other hole will not line up, i shove it back like i normally do to get it to fit and it sounds like it binding on the CV and not letting it go all the way in., I'm really confused. why would it do this? or did i miss a step. tomorrow is no one posts I'm going to remove the lower control arm put the bolts in and see if i can get the control arm back in..

if anyone can help with idea it would be grateful thanks

LatinoX20
02-16-2010, 07:29 PM
check the top mount, maybe you put it in wrong?

beam514
02-16-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm confused as to what is not bolting up correctly. Are you saying that the two huge bolts that connect the strut to the lower arm won't bolt both at the same time?

LatinoX20
02-16-2010, 07:39 PM
I'm confused as to what is not bolting up correctly. Are you saying that the two huge bolts that connect the strut to the lower arm won't bolt both at the same time?

i think thats what he ment... so i figured the top mount isnt letting the strut straighten out correctly :confused:

Jeffylou87
02-16-2010, 07:39 PM
What?

duh2150
02-17-2010, 05:43 AM
yeah the bottom bolts wont let me put them both in just the one i can yank it every way it just binds its weird, i really don't think the top mount can be put on wrong in the 8g i rotated it every way possible, its seems to me that the CV is banging inside? as i push it back to get the other hole in Ive also tried jacking it up some and it binds up and starts lifting the car, I'm going to remove the CV later and maker sure it articulates like it should.

like i said i never had a problem, I'm going to remove everything CV and all because it sounds like it thumping against the inside CV joint as I push the top in or the bottom out to try and make the hole

duh2150
02-17-2010, 05:51 AM
the knuckle and the strut if anyones still confused i removed them bolts like 100 times, and this time when i wanted to raise it so i can keep some tires, it gives me shit lol

dknight3
02-17-2010, 01:39 PM
wrong part?

WhiteGalant
02-17-2010, 01:42 PM
Is the cv joint inserted into the trans all the way?

Stewi
02-17-2010, 02:40 PM
is the swaybar link disconnected??? That could be causing the resistance. Also, are both sides of the car off the ground or just the side your working on? If only one side is off, your fighting the torsion of the sway bar.

duh2150
02-17-2010, 09:50 PM
no no sway was and both tires were off the ground, I found out what it was it was odd, but somehow the c clip on the end of the CV came out and the bearings on the spline shaft came outward from it and got hung up, don't ask I have no idea either. it must have happened when I was moving the knuckle i guess.. all this happened inside the inner CV boot., so now i got it on :)

Thanks TGC