PDA

View Full Version : alternator(i think)

brandenblazeRR
02-28-2003, 02:16 PM
i was driving home from work and my battery light and my emergency brake light were blinking, first time i seen that, but the next it died and now wont even start , i think it is the alternator?

JiP
02-28-2003, 05:07 PM
The battery light does come on if alternator or battery output is low, I duno about the blinking break light. Sounds like an alternator problem to me.

IllestGalant
02-28-2003, 10:35 PM
sounds like it to me

rfpa1
03-01-2003, 09:37 PM
I m pretisure is the alternator.

I have been experiencing all kinds of problems with my ride since last november.

I had the batt,brake, all light up then the car died.

I took the car first to an autopart place and they put the hand held machine and it passed, then it died. A few days later the battery just stop getting chage and it felt very hot. I just keep going until found a replacement alternator, took the old one out and took it to a place that repairs alternators and they tested it and said that the problem was the rectifier and the front bearing.

Now is working great. Also, check that you do not use the rear window defroster during this time. IT WILL EAT YOUR BATTERY.

bronxbombr
03-12-2003, 03:03 PM
yup, altenator. :cry:

TakezO
03-13-2003, 04:56 AM
Have you replaced the belts for the alternator? When did you last change your timing belt? Check if some of your power steering fluid is dripping to the alternator as well.

But of you are feeling lazy just bring your car to the shop and have them check your alternator"s rating. If it reaches or exceeds 40 then check the other belts that run with your alternator.

Check your brake pads too. Front and back.

Good Luck

brandenblazeRR
03-18-2003, 04:15 PM
well i got an alternator, and that seem to fix the problem cars starts real good now , thanx for the suggestions,