PDA

View Full Version : Keyless Entry Questions

marshall13b
02-17-2010, 06:47 PM
Brand new to this forum.
Marshall
1999 Galant ES

So I bought a new keyless entry remote off of ebay. The FCC numbers match my factory one. I bought the new one to replace the one I have because ever sence I bought it, it hasn't worked. I took the old one to autozone and they said the battery is fine and its producing signal. Then I went to the mitsubishi dealership and they said I needed a new one because the one I have is broken. So I bought the new one. I followed the step by step procedures to program the new remote to my car. I got the car to the "programable" stage and the remote wont "sync." I called the tech I bought it from and he walked me through it, he told me that it sounds like I'm doing everything right and the thing to check is take the new one to autozone and see if it works (it has a new battery btw) and if its not that, it could be the Keyless Entry Module located under the dash somewhere...

Anyone else have these problems before?
Where is the module located?

Any input helps, and maybe this helps other in the future!

Red_Line
02-19-2010, 05:04 PM
Hm, after the car goes into programming mode, just press the lock/unlock buttons randomly instead of trying a certain order

marshall13b
02-23-2010, 09:52 PM
Done that.

cscotty
03-17-2010, 02:59 PM
Sorry, I haven't had that issue. I just purchased a used one from ebay and it arrived today. Funny thing is I didn't have a remote to get the FCC number from, so I was just testing it out. Turns out that the one I got was able to work with my system. Yay!

Did you ever figure out your problem?