PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on what i should do about this rust

bsilver23
02-18-2010, 04:31 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/w9zjwg.jpg

Galantman03
02-18-2010, 05:40 PM
left rear quarter panel? words of wisdom... take care of it fast... i would personally sand it down and primer it and then repaint it... best way to get rid of rust, is not to be picky... if you want it all gone and never come back... GET RID OF EVERY PIECE OF RUST, everything that is "infected" so to speak.. sand it all the way down to where you see no more rust... and then primer and paint it...

Da_Prodigy
02-18-2010, 06:03 PM
there really isn't nothing else you can do but to do what galantman03 said

bsilver23
02-18-2010, 06:08 PM
alright, i will give that a shot when it gets warmer out. It has gotten twice as bad since the winter started. I think its from salt.

Da_Prodigy
02-18-2010, 06:11 PM
alright, i will give that a shot when it gets warmer out. It has gotten twice as bad since the winter started. I think its from salt.

yea it's bcuz of the salt. When you get patches of snow stuck around the tires and fenders just knock them off when your done driving so they don't cause even worser rust

mko
02-18-2010, 06:34 PM
id grind it down, but leave some metal, just like a skeleton, and then patch it from behind with some fiberglass resin and fiberglass cloth /3-4 layers/ to seal the metal. then shape it with bondo. id get some of that bedliner coating and do the rear fender wells before its too late. keep an eye to the rocker panels as well