PDA

View Full Version : is my throttle frozen????

darkcity-gtz
02-19-2010, 07:44 PM
...........riddle me this batman!!! my oo' gtz trottle pedal is very hard to depress in the early mornings! i live in centrel NJ and this winter is one the the snowiest and coldest yet!!!! is it the weather? the car? i have to stomp on the pedal to get it going and after that its fine!?? ...............any idea???

fatal1
02-19-2010, 08:05 PM
im sure it wouldnt hurt to guve the tb a good cleaning. im not sure how old your car is or how many miles but they do have a tendancy to cause the pedal to stick when they get dirty. in addition it is also a good idea to lube the throttle cable. make sure there are no obstructions as well to the gas pedal itself

G-spot
02-19-2010, 11:42 PM
Dirt/oil grime stuck on Throttle body. It gets soft after the car warms up. Use TB cleaner get it at the auto stores. Follow instruction on the can. Very simple. There was a thread just like this a month ago and I gave the same instructions and some noobs couldn't figure it out so they want (or demand) a full tutorial from me with pics pointing every nooks and dabble. How freaking hard is it to spray it on the cloth and then wipe that grime off? :orangesigh:

darkcity-gtz
02-20-2010, 09:56 AM
thanks fellas!!!! ima give it a try!