PDA

View Full Version : Need help on Crankshaft sensor

jamesgalant
02-26-2010, 05:04 PM
1st...Thanks guys for the helpful response over the years...This website really help me save money by doing the work on my own....I am really thankful for the help..

well i posted a thread about my car not cranking and i thought it was the starter... but my engine light turn on ...and i went to pep boys to recieve the code and this is what came out "P0335 Crankshaftg position sensor circuit fault" they want to diagnose it for 120.00 just diagonse it WOW... I did my research on the this website ...seems like i have to replace the Crankshaft sensor....

by replacing this sensor will help my car to start up because its taking me 2-6 times to crank it to start?????

IS it easy to replace??? will i have to remove the timing belts to accesss it??

I have replace shocks/springs, motor mounts, and radiator but not timming belts...

I have a 2000 8g I4 with 170,000 miles timming belts replace at 120,000 engine trans fluids change regularly. battery changed 8 months ago... other stuff like starter, trans, motor, fuel pump, are original stock never been replaced..

If anyone has some input your help is very much appricated thanks...

fatal1
02-26-2010, 05:10 PM
im not exactly sure where it is on the i4 however for the 6 you have to remove the lower timing cover and the acc pulley in order to access the sensor...other then that it is 2 10 mm bolts...its definately a pain for us and i just went through it myself. im sure that the process is somehwat similar since the crank is obviously around the same location. it would be easier if you were to take of the wheel but the other parts you listed that you need to replace do not need to come off, not does the actual timing belt itself

02redgalant
02-26-2010, 05:47 PM
honestly if I were you clear the code first and see if it comes back...samething happen to me and i cleared the code never came back but i still have the starting issue..which is the starter i sanded the contacts and cleaned them..started perfect for like 2 weeks pretty much meaning the solenoid is bad cause its startin to have the same issue again..no code tho

samurai
05-10-2010, 12:48 AM
I have similar problem on my 4G93 Legnum.

It crank but not turn over....I took to mitsi dealer but no codes....I think coz of reset from removing the battery.

But dont know where to start honest...reading through the forum...cant pin point this problem.

Hibolt
09-03-2010, 06:04 PM
I have the same problem with my car the code just came up today and as I was driving down the street cruising at about 40 mph the speedometer just started jumping on its own and I was still cruising the same speed

reiketsutsukigami
09-03-2010, 09:47 PM
mine threw the same code and it takes a few turns to start sometimes but it always does but if you want to change it its pretty easy prolly take 1 to 1 and a half hours since its your first time. just take the passaenger tire off then theres 2-3 bolts on the plastic cover there hidden but there then remove the pulley all your accesories are run by this though and i suggest replacing them if you remove them as they are cheap about 35 bucks for both. once pulley is off remove all the bolt from timing belt cover( you may or may not have to remove the water pump pulley to i had to its only 4 10mm bolts but whatever once you have the cover off you should see the sensor near the crank pulley just take both bolts out and remove repeat in reverse to reassemble XD ask me if i confused you with this at all cause i think i confused myself too.