PDA

View Full Version : Mitsubishi sucks

hunterclavel
02-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Between idle and suspension issues............. I will never buy another one the most unreliable cars ever made

SPD_FRK
02-28-2010, 04:57 PM
LOL...

You obviously never owned anything else. You could always go out and buy a Toyota or Honda I suppose....

02redgalant
02-28-2010, 05:00 PM
*sigh ban

Galantfan88
02-28-2010, 05:03 PM
Ha and what would you like us to do about this... you just dont know how to take good care of your car...get this guy out of here

Mr. Bishi
02-28-2010, 05:05 PM
Between idle and suspension issues............. I will never buy another one the most unreliable cars ever made

Who works on your car?

johnygezony
02-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Who works on your car?

Probably no one, or he doesn't know what he is doing...

kglenn
02-28-2010, 05:14 PM

^^Check out this mother Fucker!
LOL! whats his deal>?

Jeffylou87
02-28-2010, 05:48 PM
That's fun..

GalantEVOII
02-28-2010, 05:54 PM
I don't know but my G has always been there for me and I did the same for her.

tjones156
02-28-2010, 05:57 PM
This post makes me wonder why my G has been running 4 years strong without a single issue yet? Wait I bet I know:

If you love your ride it'll love you back...thats all there is to it

seth98esT
02-28-2010, 05:59 PM
Lets burn all the Mitsus on the road!

Galantfan88
02-28-2010, 06:00 PM
This post makes me wonder why my G has been running 4 years strong without a single issue yet? Wait I bet I know:

If you love your ride it'll love you back...thats all there is to it

agreed...Amen to that!!!

:piss2: hunterclavel

03-Galant-ES
02-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Ok hunterclavel I very rarely get personally mad at people, but you are the most retarded, limp wrist, piece of dirt on this forum as of late. Every single one of your 66 posts since 2008 have been nothing but pure idiocy. I love every fucking ounce of my galant even though I had alternator blow on me fucking 2 weeks after I got the car and she has had motor mount issues and suspension issues. I fixed that shit and she keeps going every where I need her to in any condition. The suspension issues were my own doing as I hit a curb at 40 mph, but I put her in the garage and rebuilt her 3 months later.

You are not in any way shape or form a car enthusiast. Get the fuck out of here and go buy a fucking Honda and bring it to some Honda tech wh will tell you your fart can isn't big enough. Pce fucker go sell your G to someone who will care about it.

P.S. yes I did read all 66 of your post before I posted this, and you were asking a new question like every fucking month. USE THE SEARCH FEATURE YOU FUCKING NEWB and learn to do standard maintenance on your car.

My G is running strong since 05/2007 and proud of her.

iMTB
02-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Mines 11 years old and it's most major problem was a simple coolant leak...

You obviously fail at car care.

My GTI, which cost exponentially more to buy and maintain, blew the Galant out of the water in every aspect EXCEPT reliability. Who wants a DD that is always in the shop?

Left this with no looking back and now I don't have to worry about things like my 20+ intake sensors going bad every other week and running in limp mode, or my coil packs failing, or my pcv valve blowing and spraying oil all over my engine bay, or...my stock fuel pump not being able to keep up and giving me fuel cuts...or being pissed about a timeslip because it was over a 13.5...lol.
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/Pattino/mypro.jpg

RedGalant2k1
02-28-2010, 07:14 PM
I've owned 4 mitsubishi's in ten years. All reliable, all safe. My first Galant saved my life, literally.
http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/1/2258/3461/5644230046_large.jpg

Though all you other people who've commented here don't need to get all rowdy about it. I should hand out one day bans and warnings to all who've acted immaturely in this thread...seesh.

03-Galant-ES
02-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Though all you other people who've commented here don't need to get all rowdy about it. I should hand out one day bans and warnings to all who've acted immaturely in this thread...seesh.

Sorry Dave, but he just got on my nerves over the past few years, read all of his posts.

mrg7243
02-28-2010, 07:46 PM
IMO yeah my galant does have some issues, just like any car thats ten years old but you learn to work them out. this car is used and abused and is still kicking, not very hard but kicking. so instead of saying stuff like that work out your issues or take it to someone who can

Galantfan88
02-28-2010, 07:56 PM
Sorry Dave, but he just got on my nerves over the past few years, read all of his posts.

Im with you man, I love my G and gone threw alot with my car ever since I got her. Every post I have seen from this guy has been worthless and stupid when you have all the info right on this forum already. We all take pride in what we do with our cars and I can tell you this...ever since I started working on my car and even the parts that needed fixing I have taken every joy in fixing it and will continue enjoying my baby. Mitsu for life!!!

RedGalant2k1
02-28-2010, 07:57 PM
And Hunterclavel be glad it is just suspension and idle issues, those are quite easily remedied. As electrical and other issues (that plague many other brands) don't happen on Mitsubishi's.

littlerick
02-28-2010, 08:14 PM
i've had my galant since 05 and the only thing i've ever had to change (that wasnt regular maintenance) was a valve cover. a whole $20 and about 10 minutes of work. the next car i get (which should be this year) is gonna be a evo i thought about a wrx but i've had almost no problems so far, so i gotta stick with mitsu. my galant is a 03 with about 93k miles on it. routine maintenance is key.

infliction
02-28-2010, 08:21 PM
.. im on my 3rd mitsu. had a lancer for close to 5 years with no problems, traded it for a new eclipse .. totaled that and walked away without any injuries. then got the galant.
i love mitsu. ive actually never seen anyone talk like this about mitsu. especially from someone who owns one.

03-Galant-ES
02-28-2010, 08:33 PM
.. im on my 3rd mitsu. had a lancer for close to 5 years with no problems, traded it for a new eclipse .. totaled that and walked away without any injuries. then got the galant.
i love mitsu. ive actually never seen anyone talk like this about mitsu. especially from someone who owns one.

We have had members act like this before usually after they buy some abused pos as their first car or something. But I got mine at 72k miles in 07 its at 93k now and I hardly have to invest money besides my own interests into this car.

Proof of mitsu longevity, my old 1989 Montero 6g72 had 206k miles on it and it was the worse for wear, but it still hit the redline and shifted like nothing

mko
02-28-2010, 08:40 PM
where did the op hide?

SPD_FRK
02-28-2010, 08:58 PM
We have had members act like this before usually after they buy some abused pos as their first car or something. But I got mine at 72k miles in 07 its at 93k now and I hardly have to invest money besides my own interests into this car.
I bought my Galant for $500 with 172K miles on it. I was fortunate to get it from the original owners who took pretty good care of it for the most part (except the black paint issue), I have sunk a lot of money into mine over the past year obviously for more performance. I have yet to drive the thing, but I know when I do it won't let me down.

Also have an 02 Lancer that was bought brand new, only issue I have had with it is the climate control knob snapped off (which is common for these), and a wheel bearing that needs to be replaced.

99 galant
02-28-2010, 09:03 PM
If you bought it brand new and had the issues, I would bitch. YOU BOUGHT IT USED

4g63lover
02-28-2010, 09:14 PM
I beat my car up every single day I can and it's still running strong.

blue8g
02-28-2010, 09:15 PM
at least your throttle doesn't stick, there aren't recalls every 15 minutes, it's decently good on gas, and for it to have idle issues it has to start......

polishmafia
02-28-2010, 09:16 PM
Not one single person here can say that they've never had a car problem that made them say "Damn it!" at one time or another. Either you bitch about it, or you fix it.

I'm glad you saw this thread before me. Remember kids...

Dave is nice.

I'm not.

Galant306m
02-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Lol routine maintenance is a bitch! Shit my car is 14 years old and the only major problem that wasn't routine was my iac going bad but a whole throttle body assembly was like 30bux. I pulled the engine apart after 190k and was supprised on how well it looked. I don't think I will ever buy any thing but a Mitsu they are great cars, but like anything mechanical its only good if it taken care of.

Shadow19
02-28-2010, 09:32 PM
The only reason why my car isnt reliable is because of me. Its not that its unreliable its that its so addicting to modify it im always doing stuff to it....... So crash and burn all you want. Maybe your car was made on monday or friday.

P'NOYcaL
02-28-2010, 09:48 PM
wow

Da_Prodigy
02-28-2010, 10:37 PM
bet he'll be more pissed when he finds out how unreliable other cars are and wish he stuck w/ mitsu. My whole family has owned mitsu's for 25+ years now, and that's cuz we know how reliable they are and not overwhelming expensive.

RAZ_76
02-28-2010, 10:47 PM
I've owned 3 Galants, including one now and never had issues. Most reliable car I have ever owned. Not saying I didn't have small issues but nothing to not buy another one. Every car has issues. Maintenance and preventive maintenance had a lot to do with good performance and long years.

Fresh_617
02-28-2010, 11:26 PM
lol i hate all the issues wit my G too but hey its my car n its all i got 1 day i will get the money to make it ride smooth or i will learn enuff 2 fix it myself...sometimes i feel like givin up...like 2night when sum1 hit my car...but then u kno wat its my car n its part of me...if u dont like it u can jus go buy a volvo or somethin idk...also its my second galant and both had issues but from the previous owners didnt take care of it...i still love my shit anyway

03-Galant-ES
02-28-2010, 11:34 PM
lol i hate all the issues wit my G too but hey its my car n its all i got 1 day i will get the money to make it ride smooth or i will learn enuff 2 fix it myself...sometimes i feel like givin up...like 2night when sum1 hit my car...but then u kno wat its my car n its part of me...if u dont like it u can jus go buy a volvo or somethin idk...also its my second galant and both had issues but from the previous owners didnt take care of it...i still love my shit anyway

<3 I love my G so much, but its my daily and I got to community college where no one can drive and there is not enough spaces to park. AS a result my rear quarter panel, hood, fender, and few other miscellaneous spots have dents and both my bumpers are scratched to shit.

My fiancee graduates from college next May so within the next 2 years our income should increase while I am going pre-med and the G can be parked in a nice warm locked garage where she will be rebuilt again.

Fresh_617
02-28-2010, 11:46 PM
<3 I love my G so much, but its my daily and I got to community college where no one can drive and there is not enough spaces to park. AS a result my rear quarter panel, hood, fender, and few other miscellaneous spots have dents and both my bumpers are scratched to shit.

My fiancee graduates from college next May so within the next 2 years our income should increase while I am going pre-med and the G can be parked in a nice warm locked garage where she will be rebuilt again.

lol dats the way to do it bro....me im still in high school and everybody already knows that if sum1 touches my car there somebodys face would be smashed in...my problem is i love my car and i drive to much...man i was driving n this dude parked 2 let his girl out the car so i went around n turned right this fool still lookin at his girl starts pullin foward...i cant honk my horn cuz one of the problems wit my g that the horn dont work so i stop cuz i see his still not lookin n he keeps rollin foward then he stops real quick n im thinkin damn that was close...5 mins later i go 2 get gas and i see that he grazed my door and fender like im not sure if i couldnt hear it cuz of my system but i there was no hard impact...man im maddd

Way Fast Galant
03-01-2010, 12:07 AM
mitsubishi's suck. wow. your clearly uneducated and dont know the first thing about cars. ive been beating on my G daily for 7 or 8 years now, ive crashed 3 times and she still runs like a champ and tracks in a straight line. and its cause i know how to take care of her and she takes care of me in return. anyway thats my rant about this.

RayDub
03-01-2010, 01:29 AM
I love my G, got 181,000 miles and i put 11,000 on it myself. Got it from my aunt who lives in the high desert in Cali and drove down to LA and back everyday. I know my ride took it rough before i got it and she still sounds and runs the same way it did almost brand new. It's my last year in high school and let me tell you it's like everyones cars are falling apart but not mine. I don't have a single problem and i drive pretty rough.

When i get some more cash she's gonna be dropped, rims, headers and exhaust :biggrin:

Reelax
03-01-2010, 01:46 AM

YOU are right, YOU should not buy another mitsubishi (they might be allergic to you).

6G72Galant
03-01-2010, 06:54 AM
I bought my 2003 Galant ES V6 in March 2004 for $13500 with 10k miles.

Ive now got 169k on the speedo. And other than some minor problems here and there, the car has run great. Most expensive repair to date was $800 (water pump, timing belt tensioner, idler pulleys, belt tensioner pulley, serpentine belt). However, I do have a small leak in my radiator. Just discovered that yesterday. But other than that, Im still winning the game.

polishmafia
03-01-2010, 08:44 AM
lol dats the way to do it bro....me im still in high school and everybody already knows that if sum1 touches my car there somebodys face would be smashed in...my problem is i love my car and i drive to much...man i was driving n this dude parked 2 let his girl out the car so i went around n turned right this fool still lookin at his girl starts pullin foward...i cant honk my horn cuz one of the problems wit my g that the horn dont work so i stop cuz i see his still not lookin n he keeps rollin foward then he stops real quick n im thinkin damn that was close...5 mins later i go 2 get gas and i see that he grazed my door and fender like im not sure if i couldnt hear it cuz of my system but i there was no hard impact...man im maddd

I'm sorry, but I couldn't understand one fucking word of what you just said. Please learn to type and use punctuation in a normal manner.

iMTB
03-01-2010, 08:51 AM
My mother ran mine with no coolant in FLORIDA for months and the only problem was the fact that it didn't have a check engine light or low coolant light or temp light to tell her to add more...

Honestly take a look at these pics and tell me that Mitsubishi sucks...

Does the undercarriage of an 11 year old car that sucks and loves driving on and around the beach look like this?
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/Pattino/a27f62e7.jpg

Can you look at parts that have been moving for the past 11 years on a car that sucks and see this?
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/Pattino/1137a0e1.jpg

When is the last time you saw such a timeless interior on an 11 year old car that sucks?
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/Pattino/0710a25d.jpg

Recently on another forum I was asked:

why would you buy a mitsubishi as a "car that will last forever?"

Why?

2000 Galant ES, bought in 99, 0% financing deal, paid off quickly.
-BMWesque styling that looks pretty classy as far as I'm concerned
-Simple, clean looking interior that doesn't look aged
-CD player with pretty nice stock audio system
-Decent handling stock with too much body roll, motortrend put h&r springs and kyb agx shocks (maybe new tires too, I know I would if I put the suspension on it) on a stock 4 cylinder es back in like 01 and it made it around the track right behind the m3
-Headlights still look new with 0 fog on them, I added Xenon lights to the stock housings and fogs and they still produce an OEM or better light cutoff
-Ample power, plenty enough for daily driving while returning great gas mileage
-Power everything
-Sunroof
-Multi-coat pearl white paint that looks great still
-4 cup holders
-Plenty of interior space and big trunk
-Comfortable seats

If you feel the need:
-Huggee aftermarket because it accepts parts from so many other cars
-JDM Galant VR4 twin-turbo v6 is sick as fuck and if you wanted to, you could convert it

11 years, 72k miles, I <3 driving on the beach, I mountain bike, driven hard, hardly washed or waxed...driven by my mother with no coolant for months...overall, well used.

Total maintainance/parts/repairs/expenses needed: oil, gas, tires, coolant (sometimes lol), brake pads, rotors, IAC and TB carbon buildup cleaning, 1 air filter replacement, new hubcaps.

o1naturalhigh
03-01-2010, 09:31 AM
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc264/o1naturalhigh/laughat.gif

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc264/o1naturalhigh/zing.gif

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc264/o1naturalhigh/rasta2bigsmoke0gf.gif

qnz
03-01-2010, 01:04 PM
i dont know about that iMTB... my car got more rust living by the beach in Miami than it did living thru NYC winters

youngfab59
03-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Probably since you lived near the beach lol...

polishmafia
03-01-2010, 01:33 PM
-Decent handling stock with too much body roll, motortrend put h&r springs and kyb agx shocks (maybe new tires too, I know I would if I put the suspension on it) on a stock 4 cylinder es back in like 01 and it made it around the track right behind the m3

Source? 2001 4 cyl 8G vs a 2001 M3? Very hard to believe.

The V6 8G has a 0 to 60 time in the high 8s. The M3 has a 0 to 60 in the high 4s. And please don't tell me the Galant beat it in the twisties.

Don't get me wrong, I love my car... but be realistic.

Prophet
03-01-2010, 02:12 PM

The V6 8G has a 0 to 60 time in the high 8s. The M3 has a 0 to 60 in the high 4s. And please don't tell me the Galant beat it in the twisties.

It was a long time ago but I remember reading about it... I don't think they ever put them against each other in a race but it was the force they where measuring... it was right behind the M3 in stats...

SPD_FRK
03-01-2010, 09:44 PM

It could be reasonable. I know a car dealer and good friend of mine from Lakefield (MN) ran some autocross stuff up around the cities somewhere. They had a little CRX with just an intake and track wheels/tires on it and that would leave the Corvettes in the corners and straightaways the Vette's would catch up "obviously" lol.

These cars have been around for a while, and remain around. Look at this commuity for example. Any properly maintained and cared for vehicle will last and give a fairly good end result. This guy is just upset because he has so many issues that were left unattended to and have all piled up at once leaving him broke and no way, or experience of how to fix everything to even find the enjoyment the rest of us have on these vehicles.

RedGalant2k1
03-02-2010, 08:45 PM

It was a long time ago but I remember reading about it... I don't think they ever put them against each other in a race but it was the force they where measuring... it was right behind the M3 in stats...

It is actually a very good handling FWD chassis. I'd be willing to bet he isn't that far off. It is a matter of effectively putting the power to the ground, and driver skills. I'd put my G against a M3 (not straight line though) in the twisties anyday. Even if I'd lose, I'd venture that it would put up a fight on a course that negates the power advantage.

johnygezony
03-02-2010, 09:09 PM
The only problem i have with my car is that it DOESNT HAVE REAR DOME LIGHTS !!!!!. A Car that has known Michigan winters and roads since its birth, a Woman Driver, and then a High schooler (me) behind the wheel. This car has kept me safe through countless close calls on icy roads and on dry pavement. We should start a " I <3 my Galant thread"

RedGalant2k1
03-02-2010, 09:15 PM
We did. www.TheGalantCenter.net

hunterclavel
03-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Ok mitsubishi doesn't suck fixed everything i still fuck with my 8g galant

starh4x
03-02-2010, 09:57 PM
mitsus definitley don't suck. there not flashy or amazing but they get the job done.

johnygezony
03-02-2010, 10:09 PM
we did. www.thegalantcenter.net

lol : D

4g63lover
03-02-2010, 10:34 PM
My mother ran mine with no coolant in FLORIDA for months and the only problem was the fact that it didn't have a check engine light or low coolant light or temp light to tell her to add more...

Honestly take a look at these pics and tell me that Mitsubishi sucks...

Does the undercarriage of an 11 year old car that sucks and loves driving on and around the beach look like this?
http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f253/Pattino/a27f62e7.jpg

I wish my car was that clean under the chassis. Illinois suburbs have been brutal to my car. lol. I hate that the plows cake salt onto the streets in my area.

Galantfan88
03-02-2010, 11:39 PM
lol bc of all this talk guess what happend...timing belt decided to brake but no damage to the motor at all since I wasnt driving. But hey I still love her...just my luck when I was going to change it this week but decided to give off on Monday.lol

uzegonemad
03-03-2010, 12:15 AM
I wish my car was that clean under the chassis. Illinois suburbs have been brutal to my car. lol. I hate that the plows cake salt onto the streets in my area.

Holy hell, I HATE the salt that the plows drop around here.

And mitsubishi's definitely don't suck. Maintained properly, I'm sure these things could last a lifetime.

peanotation
03-04-2010, 11:27 AM
they will ALWAYS leak oil, however ;-)

varroa
03-12-2010, 09:46 AM
can't agree with that ^. 8gs don't ALWAYS leak oil.

mrg7243
03-12-2010, 07:48 PM
^^^^^No just most of the time lol

varroa
03-13-2010, 01:02 AM
really? seriously, mine only leaked some oil when the valve cover gasket went bad, that's about it -_-

Lucille03GalantES
03-14-2010, 08:58 AM
Ive had 3Gs...3 different generations...and honestly I put the G up there with any other car as far as reliability. I feel 100% safe and confident every time I drive my G. From a quality standpoint alone (sound dampening, materials, craftsmanship) I put the Galant at the head of the line of cars that arent too expensive but of very high quality. My '03 was sold to a dealership for electrical issues, I bought the car and come to find out previous owner installed cd player incorrectly and was blowing fuses lol...point being just love your G and she will take care of you, show that G love and respect her and she will return it 10 fold...baby her engine and keep her clean inside and out and trust me youll have no issues out of her. Period.

warren
03-15-2010, 01:49 AM
man what wrong with this guy you buy a car cheap fix it up and its good i been having my 7g for 4 years had problem fix it know the car run good

boondocks95
03-15-2010, 06:01 AM

I would have cut throats right there and then!

GalantDreamer3455
04-02-2010, 01:47 AM
If you hate Mistu so damn much I will buy your car off you for a reasonable price.

Galante
04-02-2010, 05:05 AM

lol! My dad still have a 1978 Galant and still reliable until now! Go get a bicycle..

7gvr4
04-02-2010, 06:19 AM
i've thrashed the tits outa my car, and it never let me down, as has been said all it takes is good maintenance, and knowing the limits of your car and engine and you should never have a problem, bar normal wear and tear ie clutches, gearboxes and diffs ( depending how you drive it of course )

general maintenance and checking your car will keep you out of trouble

not to mention my cars saved my ass a few times and i like to think its cause i treat my car well so it does the same for me

madkilla
04-02-2010, 07:51 AM
lets throw this guy out!!!

kidrocking79
05-11-2010, 09:59 PM
Bought my 03 ES V6 back in 02 w/ 1 Mile on the Odometer. 7 years and 128,000 miles later she idles and runs like new. And that's NOT an overstatement. I'm serious. Last year just to offset the mileage on the G, I bought a 07 TL Type S. I kid you not, I think my Galant idles smoother than the TL. I do take care of my cars though. I change my own oil every 5k (fully synthetic). I change my own Tranny Fluid every 30k. I do my own brakes, rotate tires, tune ups (I changed spark plugs at 50k and changed spark plugs and wires at 100k). I recently changed my power steering fluid (drained it, took the reservoir out and cleaned it).. basically the only thing I have EVER taken it to the dealer for was for the first year I took it for the free oil changes (although I stopped doing that cause it was a pain in the ass since they would keep the car all day) and to do the timing belt at 80k. The other belts I got done at firestone for 100 bucks. I have NEVER had a problem w/ my galant. It only failed me once, when the radiator cracked right in the front, and when I parked my car, a shit ton of smoke was coming out of my engine bay.. I was unsure what it was until I opened the hood and saw steam / coolat fluid shooting out of the radiator. Alls I did was go to NAPA buy a radiator and pop it in. Took about 2 hours and she was brand new again.... oh.. and every year I sea foam her (crank case and gas tank) and every 10-15k, I sea foam the intake. (first time I did it I fogged out the neighborhood... ever since then it's like hardly any smoke comes out).

So.. in closing.. like everyone says.. take care of your G.. and she will take care of you back.

03-Galant-ES
05-11-2010, 10:09 PM
Revival after 1 month

keith6110
05-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Bought my 03 ES V6 back in 02 w/ 1 Mile on the Odometer. 7 years and 128,000 miles later she idles and runs like new. And that's NOT an overstatement. I'm serious. Last year just to offset the mileage on the G, I bought a 07 TL Type S. I kid you not, I think my Galant idles smoother than the TL. I do take care of my cars though. I change my own oil every 5k (fully synthetic). I change my own Tranny Fluid every 30k. I do my own brakes, rotate tires, tune ups (I changed spark plugs at 50k and changed spark plugs and wires at 100k). I recently changed my power steering fluid (drained it, took the reservoir out and cleaned it).. basically the only thing I have EVER taken it to the dealer for was for the first year I took it for the free oil changes (although I stopped doing that cause it was a pain in the ass since they would keep the car all day) and to do the timing belt at 80k. The other belts I got done at firestone for 100 bucks. I have NEVER had a problem w/ my galant. It only failed me once, when the radiator cracked right in the front, and when I parked my car, a shit ton of smoke was coming out of my engine bay.. I was unsure what it was until I opened the hood and saw steam / coolat fluid shooting out of the radiator. Alls I did was go to NAPA buy a radiator and pop it in. Took about 2 hours and she was brand new again.... oh.. and every year I sea foam her (crank case and gas tank) and every 10-15k, I sea foam the intake. (first time I did it I fogged out the neighborhood... ever since then it's like hardly any smoke comes out).

So.. in closing.. like everyone says.. take care of your G.. and she will take care of you back.

Welcome to TGC. Sounds like you've kept good care of your car since it was new. Keep up the good maintenance stuff, not many people do.

kidrocking79
05-11-2010, 10:18 PM
Thanx. I actually have been a member for a couple of years. I come on here every once in a while to search through some DIYs or just troubleshooting threads for certain things. I find that generally speaking, forums are a GREAT way for you to learn about your car and learn to take care of it. There are plenty of people willing to help you out and for the most part, if you're thinking about doing something, someone has probably already done it and it's in some thread somewhere. I'm an active member of Acurazine which is my TL forum since lately I've been modding the shit out of it..lol But I'm glad I finally posted here.. 2 years later...hehhehe

Bloody Arro
05-11-2010, 10:27 PM
The only problem i have with my car is that it DOESNT HAVE REAR DOME LIGHTS !!!!!.

I have rear dome lights x_x..

Or I think that's what they're called lol.

johnygezony
05-11-2010, 10:47 PM
i've thrashed the tits outa my car

lmao !

djhah
05-12-2010, 12:43 AM
ok here is my opinion on this.... maybe this guy is a retard that got a lemon and does not know a good thing from a bad. i agree with most everyone here if you are that unhappy sell it and buy something you will like if thats possible for you. there are people on this site that has had mits. for over 15 years if that should tell you something. i have only had mine personally for a couple months now but out of 10 years of driving and 20 plus different cars i have drove i have never been this stoked about every mornin when i wake up looking forward to my daily drive i love it you should also.

Derekams313
07-12-2010, 10:03 PM
Im with everyone else on this thread i've had my 03' since 2005 and i've put her thru hell like totaly loosing the lower half of a full cold air intake on an 8 hour drive and not knowin about it for a few weeks to jumping her a few feet in the air she has about 137k still runs strong as ever

Ruslik
07-12-2010, 10:18 PM
i love the noob bashing

blowpop
07-13-2010, 07:49 AM

hehehehe this guy dont know what he's sayin!

M-Rod
07-13-2010, 10:10 AM
jumping her a few feet in the air she has about 137k still runs strong as ever

perhaps I should jump my car to make it run strong? :)

Derekams313
07-13-2010, 04:03 PM
hey man i had no idea the road dropped like that lol

shovelman
07-13-2010, 09:58 PM
roads in PA do that to you, lol

boochieboy
07-14-2010, 01:03 PM
roads in PA do that to you, lol

Very true. I can certainly attest to that...lol.
OP, you must not know how to take care of a car, plain and simple. I've had my car for almost 4 years now, and the only thing I ever had to replace (other than routine maintenance stuff) was an oil pressure sensor. Learn to spot problems before they happen and take care of them,,then you won't have to come on a forum and make an ass out of yourself and get flamed for being ignorant.

raks_22
07-14-2010, 02:10 PM
jaja nice!!!

the mitsubishi need to be loved, thats all!!!

if u dont want to spend in your car get a VW BUG or a 1994 Sentra!!

Kingjel12
10-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Damn I wish I was here when this thread happened. I had a 1991 6G which was handed to me by my dad when I was leaving for college. It lasted me all my college years until my cousin borrowed it and had a fatal crash! Car was totaled but all passengers in it survived!*Proven life saver*

Now I'm done w/ school I bought an 8G last Feb 2012 w/c has always been my dream car. Right away, i took it to Mitsu and straight up told one of the mechanics who's my friend and yup I said "the mechanic" not the service adviser, I said fix whatever needs to be fixed and replaced. It cost me an arm and a leg to pay for that but i didn't bitch about it. In fact, I was happy to spend knowing that my ride is taken care of and that it will leave the Mitsu service center close to like it did when it left the showroom the first time!

My reason going for the 8G is because its so sexy but my decision was further solidified by the reliability as experienced with my 6G.

dlovin123
11-15-2012, 10:25 AM
I have now had my 2003 Galant for 120,000 miles. I did my time belt and regular maintenance and she runs fine still. I recently had some idle issues but I replaced my EGR and cleaned up my throttle body and its fine again.

My suspension is getting a little rough too, but I probably drive it a little rough.

I can't name one other car I've ever had for 120,000 miles that ran for this long with so little maintenance required

mrg7243
11-15-2012, 10:42 AM
This thread is really still alive??!!

keith6110
11-15-2012, 11:28 AM
I have now had my 2003 Galant for 120,000 miles. I did my time belt and regular maintenance and she runs fine still. I recently had some idle issues but I replaced my EGR and cleaned up my throttle body and its fine again.

My suspension is getting a little rough too, but I probably drive it a little rough.

I can't name one other car I've ever had for 120,000 miles that required less maintaince than this 2003 galant requi

My Daily galant has 280k miles and I literally just changed the alternator and struts within the last 2 years. Very good in my book!

dlovin123
11-15-2012, 09:29 PM
My Daily galant has 280k miles and I literally just changed the alternator and struts within the last 2 years. Very good in my book!

Totally agree. I worded my last sentence up there wrong. Such little maintenance has been required, its awesome.

Rodriguez
11-15-2012, 09:48 PM
I can akin owning a mitsubishi, particularly a DSM/american made one to owning an Alfa Romeo. They are fairly reliable but when something does go wrong its very obscure and the smallest details can leave you dying of frustration. But, I kinda get a kick out of it. Especially when you consider that Mitsubishi is going to be out of the United States more than likely in a few years. And furthermore they'll soon be all electric. Plus having one is a break from the usual Honda and Nissan crowd, At least as far as Japanese cars go.

Rodriguez
11-15-2012, 09:51 PM
On another note I also find it funny that the OP hates Mitsubishis yet he took the time to post a picture of his car in the avatar.

foxbrand
11-15-2012, 10:02 PM

exactly this, if you abuse a car, any car, it's going to abuse you right back, sure there are legitimate gripes any of us that can make about our cars (*cough* *cough* turning circle), but they don't make our cars bad, or anything close to that, if you buy a car from a shady used car dealership, you should be clearly aware what you are getting into, like for instance spending on maintance what you spent on your car, if you don't consider this going in, you don't deserve to whine about it

greddy
11-16-2012, 12:38 AM
mitsus really do suck. Especially when asshats paint them purple and put stupid bronze wheels on them....
That is all

Vince
11-16-2012, 01:39 AM
i bet the next car he gets hes going to complain about having to change his oil lmao. WTF i thoguht hondas last forever why do i have to maintain it wtf this is stupid honda sucks they make stupid cars why cant they maintain themselves

wetamup2k3g
11-16-2012, 03:30 PM
I think the turning circle in the G is decent. I can make U-turns into the left-most lane more often than not. I never have had to do a three-point to make a U. Unlike my first car, a plymouth Voyager, that bitch took five-point turns to make U's.

Oh, and OP's an ass. My three Mitsu's have all been ultra-reliable, and one was a high-mileage auction purchase (the Diamante) that needed work, but even it started right up every morning and drove like a champ. My first G took everything I threw at it for 171K miles. Someone threw a 4Runner at it, it couldn't handle that though :( This latest one still drives like new, no squeaks, rattles (except for the ones cause by the sub), no slipping trans, just raw unadulterated furious acceleration (if 0-60 in 8 seconds is raw to you). My next car? A 2002-2003 Diamante. Mitsu 4 Life (maybe)!

dwnsouth210
03-14-2013, 12:11 PM
i agree with other posters, if you take care of your ride it will take care of you, my galant has been one of the easiest cars to work on and maintain

master_visionary
03-14-2013, 01:06 PM
its a shame yu feel this way sir idc if they ban yu y not sell your car get a bicycle (simple maintenance) and don't login

our cars are dear to us and we take care of them as was said if you love your car it will love you back . period. and your complaints are petty and all of the infoto fix said problems is here. thanks for stopping by continue your pouting
elsewhere

foxbrand
03-14-2013, 01:11 PM
we are all in agreement, but