PDA

View Full Version : Removing HID Headlights - NJ Inspection in 2 Days Ahhhh!

cscotty
03-01-2010, 03:16 PM
Hey all. I am looking to remove the HID headlights from my 8G. I purchased the car with them installed but I wont pass inspection with them. So, I'm trying to take them out. Any ideas how to revert back to the stock lights? I have no idea how these are installed so if there is a generic way to do it based on theory, I'm listening. How much did installing these alter the original headlight assembly?

Thanks,
Scott

IceDouTGaLanT
03-01-2010, 03:24 PM
There plug and play, just remove the hid bulbs and install stock bulbs in the headlights and install the black 3 pin harness to the OEM bulb and your ready to go!

showtime
03-01-2010, 03:25 PM
they should just unplug and you should be able to just put an H4 bulb in there...the headlight assembly should not be altered at all, and neither should the headlight harness.

cscotty
03-01-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks alot. Both of you provided excellent answers that worked! It was plug and play. The weird part is that I wouldve kept them but theyre so bright it looks like highbeams all the time. Then when I try to put on the high beams, they go off. Weird, but Im glad I got it fixed.

So one down, and now on to my horn. It doesnt seem to work. I gotta check it out.

Later, and thanks!

Scott

IceDouTGaLanT
03-01-2010, 05:58 PM
The reason why your hids, dont high beam is cause our cars take duel filament bulbs. Which means one bulb does low/high instead 2 separate bulbs. You need bi xeons to be able to have low/high HIDs hope that helps. For the horn, check the horn fuse 1st.

cscotty
03-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Oh, dual xenons. That makes sense. lol

I checked the fuse inside the car and its fine. The relay under the hood is fine too. I removed the oem horn from under the driverside headlight and it was sooooooo rusty. I purchased another horn but I'll have to install it later tomorrow.

Thanks again,
Scott

Jeffylou87
03-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Where are you in NJ?