PDA

View Full Version : Tranny vs. Boost

DJ Galant
03-01-2003, 11:51 AM
How creadible is the information that our l-4 auto trannies (stock condition plus tranny cooler) blow at 8 psi woth the stock compression?
Has anybody tried more boost and what were the reslults...

Also, if it was 8 psi with the stock compression (9.0:1) then what wuold be max boost in psi for the lower compression (8.5:1) before i would blow my tranny ....????
I wanty some credible information here, not just answers "i heard that someone told me" thing ....
Thanks...

Auto-9
03-01-2003, 12:32 PM
If I were able to say a 75 shot of nitrous = so and so psi of boost I could help you out, but unfortunately I don't know the equivalency. I do know though that with a 75 shot the stock tranny absolutely will not grab unless you stop spraying.

TWISTED II
03-01-2003, 03:36 PM
i would say a 75 shot is roughly, no one quote me on this, roughly between 4 and 6 psi of boost.

DJ Galant
03-01-2003, 07:02 PM
I am talking turbo hier!!!!
HELLO!!!

TWISTED II
03-01-2003, 08:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am Â*talking turbo hier!!!!
HELLO!!!</div>

i really hope you were not directing that at me. if you can read, i would advise you to take a look at the post above mine.....i blieve he said "if i knew what shot of NOS equalled so many lbs of boost" i was telling him that so maybe he can help you....next time i'll just keep my mouth shut and you can find help from someone else.

Khopari
03-01-2003, 08:53 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ThaTwistedGTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>I am Â*talking turbo hier!!!!
HELLO!!!</div>

i really hope you were not directing that at me. if you can read, i would advise you to take a look at the post above mine.....i blieve he said "if i knew what shot of NOS equalled so many lbs of boost" i was telling him that so maybe he can help you....next time i'll just keep my mouth shut and you can find help from someone else.</div>

ok come on people it was just lil mmis understanding stiop fighting,, we all are in together

TWISTED II
03-02-2003, 02:07 AM
ok, no ones fighting, i'm just stating that before he becomes mr. "i'm talking turbo here, HELLO!" he should read a post or 2....he might just realize that, wow, someones trying to help me. just givin him a lil lesson on comon sense and comon courtesy. maybe next time he'll think before he posts like that to a bunch of people that were trying to help him.

VegasMatt
03-02-2003, 02:12 AM
Martin,

I told you what happend last year with my tranny and the nitrous I was running. It started to slip.

Since I rode in your car last week and saw that you were boosting between 6-8psi and you also shift thru the gears, you are at risk of doing something bad to the tranny. Are you running a tranny cooler? I would look into getting the kit from Level10. As for actual proof on how much psi you can run, perhaps AK1 can help you better or maybe Clay at GS.

Strahan
03-02-2003, 10:54 AM
It really shouldn't be an issue of whether or not you can, if you spend the $ to turbo the car you may as well spend the $ for the tranny upgrade. In for a penny, in for a pound. You'll eventually have to do it anyway, may as well get it out of the way while it's still healthy.

DJ Galant
03-02-2003, 03:01 PM
i posted this but it is gone...
hey man, don't get angry for something that is not even that serious. I didn't call anybody names here, i just tried to get straight to the point.
Ans yes, I am sorry - as soon as I saw word Nos in there I didn't read the reply to the end, thinking the guys is talking about the nos.
My bad. Thanks for help anywayz.

4g64terror
03-02-2003, 03:08 PM
screw the auto..swap in a 5 speed

SuperchargedGTZ
03-02-2003, 08:18 PM
well my car was running on the dyno up nears 8psi, and i dont know if i am just paranoid or my car was actually slippin but i thought it was. dont know for sure yet. my car is going back to RIPP so i will know in about a week. they are going to install the BB and go through tuning all over again.

Auto-9
03-02-2003, 08:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DJ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>thinking the guys is talking about the nos.</div>

"the guy?" Come on man, I'm Rallifan! At least call me Pete https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif