PDA

View Full Version : how to spot a failure tranny

reztat
03-01-2010, 08:50 PM
Hey im thinking in buying a 8g galant, I haved drove it around town a few times because is my neighbor's car. But Im getting scared because every times I ask about if galants are good cars they rold me that the auto tranies are very problematic. So I want to know how to spot a bad trany or any problems. I really like the car and also want to know what to check for a good buy... thanks alot in advance

02redgalant
03-01-2010, 09:00 PM
anything transmission can be problematic if it wasn't maintained fluid changes and in some filter changes..i can personally say i've flushed my tranny twice..and works flawlessly and im 120k..and believe me i push my car hard..and just as hard is how you maintain it..

reztat
03-01-2010, 09:18 PM
some people told me that to change the oil of a auto trany is wrong, is this a myth or no?

paparishi90
03-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Well I didn't have a problem with my auto tranny for 64,000 miles and then I swapped to a 5 speed... but if it were to going out it may jerk a bit during shifts or it may hold gears too long before shifting... it all really depends on how the car was driven and sometimes it luck. Mitsubishi transmissions haven't necessarily been known to be absurdly strong but they can be reliable if they are take care of.

reztat
03-01-2010, 09:27 PM
thanks a lot for your help... do anybody have heard of this change fluid going bad trany thing?