PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Tail Light?

uzegonemad
03-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Back in september, when I got in my accident, my left tail light got cracked, but I didn't bother ordering a new one because it wasn't too bad and I was on a budget (16 with no job at the time.. y'know.)

Today I washed my car and noticed that the light FILLED to the top with water. I let it all out and drilled a hole in the bottom in case it happens again, but I'd like to fix the crack.

I'm not sure how well the picture shows this, but there crack causes about a 3-4mm space where water can just gush in.

http://buzelac.com/galant/mar-2-2010/photo.jpg

I'm wondering if I could try and use a lighter to melt the plastic back together? I'm getting new tails sometime soon, but until then, I'd like to have this sealed as best as possible.

kolio
03-02-2010, 08:41 PM
clear silicone or glue

rez887
03-02-2010, 08:44 PM
dude you can get that taillight for under 20 bucks on ebay!

uzegonemad
03-02-2010, 08:48 PM
clear silicone or glue

I think that's what I'll probably end up doing, thanks :)

I thought about buying one, but it's not really worth it since I'm getting JDMs in a month or two - I'm kinda cheap. haha!

cscotty
03-08-2010, 12:36 PM

Liar!!!

Ha ha ha ha .... jk jk

I got mine on eBay and it cost me $25!!!

Dude just replace them. You can always sell them back. Someone is always looking for a tail light.

Scott

Jeffylou87
03-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Clear silicone!

keith6110
03-10-2010, 07:08 AM
If you're looking for a set i can get you both for $60 shipped. If you can't find anything on ebay that is. Pm me if you're interested

uzegonemad
03-17-2010, 12:23 AM
I ended up breaking out the heat gun. I pushed the knobby end of a screw driver through the reverse light hole, and pushed while i slowly heated the plastic. It got the job done. Doesn't look perfect, but it actually does hide a lot of the crack - you can still tell it was cracked at one point though.

Thanks all for your advice!

keith - I might take you up on that in the future if the offer still stands; It would be good to have another set on hand in case another crazy girl decides to rear end me!

Bloody Arro
03-17-2010, 01:49 AM
^ No homo?