PDA

View Full Version : Auto transmission

The Kent
03-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Can't really find the information I need on this..but how much horsepower can the stock automatic transmission handle? Which auto tranny comes in the Eclipse GST vs the Auto tranny that comes in the Galant? I'll explain later....:029:

peanotation
03-04-2010, 11:34 AM
it could probably handle a considerable amount of power....for about fifteen minutes.

but seriously, it's nothing more than a ticking time bomb, even on a stock motor with stock HP it's gonna go any day lol

The Kent
03-04-2010, 12:57 PM
it could probably handle a considerable amount of power....for about fifteen minutes.

but seriously, it's nothing more than a ticking time bomb, even on a stock motor with stock HP it's gonna go any day lol

I hate my auto transmission. Time to find a 5 speed in that case.

peanotation
03-04-2010, 01:09 PM
don't even put up with it dude, it will only get worse and become a money pit - 5spd swap will last you a lifetime, knock on wood

The Kent
03-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Well I have to make it last me until I can afford to buy all the shit for the 5 spd. swap. I just spent all my damn money fixing the damn head gasket, water pump, and all the other shit.

briggs
03-04-2010, 01:56 PM
I have a 126k miles on my car all stuck es cept for suspension upgrades. So far the tranny has been good to me, but I keep hearing about these things failing. finding a salvage tranny for a galant is hard. Is it s direct swap from a g2 stick ? Also I've heard that the G1 standard is a stronger transmission but takes more work. whats the story on that.