PDA

View Full Version : rear speaker wires 8G galant

KickASS
08-20-2002, 08:36 PM
Help does any one know how to get to the rear speaker wires on the 8G galant i need to install a hi low for my amp amy help would be nice thanks!

pinoyesv6
08-20-2002, 09:50 PM
crawl into the trunk and look up, you can see them

RAZA
08-20-2002, 09:58 PM
I believe i had to remove the rear seat and lift the rear deck a little to get to the wires..there are 2 pull handles at the bottom of the seat then remove the backrest.. :yinyang: [/img]

Wintergalant
09-05-2002, 02:27 AM
I have the Infinity system and the wires were on the top like raza said they are a pain to get to

Tazz2000
09-05-2002, 08:54 AM
Let me know if you need the audio install docs from Crutchfield. I'll get the link for them. :thumbsup:

RedGalant2k1
09-05-2002, 12:21 PM
Look at the bottom of the seat cushion you'll see two pull tabs, pull those and the bottom cushion is released.

Then you'll see three bolts (Right, MIddle, Left) on the upright seatback cushion remove those, i believe they are 10mm or 12mm. Then after the bolts are removed grab the bottom of the seatback and push up unlatching it, then remove it.

Now you should be able to see the wires, remember the 'clip-side' is always the positive.

Ghost Beat
09-06-2002, 12:31 PM
ah the amount of times ive done that lol its not even funny ive lost all count on how many times ive taken the whole back of the car apart and probably will do it again a lot caus i wana redo my whole system and back seat

FLO-DOG
09-09-2002, 09:05 PM
man, all that work you guys are doing, n-e-ways, i just removed my door sells to get to my rear speaker wires.

Lee

speedygalant
09-24-2002, 10:22 PM
i did the same as flodog. HAHAHAHAAHA https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

nrfx01
10-14-2002, 09:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tazz2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>Let me know if you need the audio install docs from Crutchfield. I'll get the link for them. :thumbsup:</div>

Thats exactly the help i'm looking for.. all i wanna do is replace my rear speakers.. and i'm having a hell of a time understanding what i need to do to get to 'em.

Love to get that link
:shock:

speedygalant
10-20-2002, 07:55 PM
Thats exactly the help i'm looking for.. all i wanna do is replace my rear speakers.. and i'm having a hell of a time understanding what i need to do to get to 'em.

Love to get that link

Look at the bottom of the seat cushion you'll see two pull tabs, pull those and the bottom cushion is released.

Then you'll see three bolts (Right, MIddle, Left) on the upright seatback cushion remove those, i believe they are 10mm or 12mm. Then after the bolts are removed grab the bottom of the seatback and push up unlatching it, then remove it.

Now you should be able to see the wires, remember the 'clip-side' is always the positive.

Nrfx01, follow redgalant2k1's tutorial listed above. it is the exact same thing.