PDA

View Full Version : 8g 4cyl engine vibrating at idle

hunterclavel
03-04-2010, 07:19 PM
8g 4cyl engine vibrating in drive and at a stop light what could be the issue driving me crazy

beam514
03-04-2010, 07:28 PM
okay first of all, did you ever solve the problem that you stated in this thread?
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=40432
aka low idle?

if not, your vibration problem may be included in that problem

You have to tell us exactly what is happening. Where you are experiencing the vibrating? How much is it vibrating, and can you compare it to something?

hunterclavel
03-04-2010, 07:40 PM
Ok its more of a knocking at the light and more on the drivers side doesnt happen every time and it does it more when engine is just started

03-Galant-ES
03-04-2010, 07:44 PM
...did I not just clearly state how you should search in a less friendly manner in your "Mitsubishis Suck" thread.

1) Search many people have threads with vibrating problems.
2) Give us details like does it vibrate only in drive at a stop light, does it vibrate always in drive, does it vibrate at high speeds?
3) Describe the vibration. Does it feel like a shutter like car is going to stall?

It can be a lot of different issues from motor mounts or tranny mounts to IAC. We need details.

Ender-DI
03-05-2010, 12:11 AM
...did I not just clearly state how you should search in a less friendly manner in your "Mitsubishis Suck" thread.

1) Search many people have threads with vibrating problems.
2) Give us details like does it vibrate only in drive at a stop light, does it vibrate always in drive, does it vibrate at high speeds?
3) Describe the vibration. Does it feel like a shutter like car is going to stall?

It can be a lot of different issues from motor mounts or tranny mounts to IAC. We need details.

My 4cyl is vibrating badly at idle too - mainly with the car in gear and foot on the brake. Idle RPM is at normal. Motor mounts have been replaced within the last 2000 miles. Spark plugs have been replaced. O2 sensor recently replaced. Does not vibrate at any speed other than stop. Shifting it into neutral usually stops it, but not always. Shakes the crap out of my dash and glove box.

It has ~165k miles on it. Doesn't feel like it's going to die at all and as great power. It just seems to have a rough idle. Sometimes there's a super brief hesitation when transitioning from full stop to moving my foot to the gas pedal. Almost like a cylinder didn't fire. I've been considering changing the coil packs.

Any other suggestions?

03-Galant-ES
03-05-2010, 07:08 AM
My 4cyl is vibrating badly at idle too - mainly with the car in gear and foot on the brake. Idle RPM is at normal. Motor mounts have been replaced within the last 2000 miles. Spark plugs have been replaced. O2 sensor recently replaced. Does not vibrate at any speed other than stop. Shifting it into neutral usually stops it, but not always. Shakes the crap out of my dash and glove box.

It has ~165k miles on it. Doesn't feel like it's going to die at all and as great power. It just seems to have a rough idle. Sometimes there's a super brief hesitation when transitioning from full stop to moving my foot to the gas pedal. Almost like a cylinder didn't fire. I've been considering changing the coil packs.

Any other suggestions?

Check coil packs and hoses for small cracks, if that isn't it did you change the tranny mount as well when you did engine mounts? Since you had to change engine mounts there is a chance that the tranny mount was shaken up a bit due to engine vibrations.

Ender-DI
03-05-2010, 10:30 AM
Check coil packs and hoses for small cracks, if that isn't it did you change the tranny mount as well when you did engine mounts? Since you had to change engine mounts there is a chance that the tranny mount was shaken up a bit due to engine vibrations.

I had the dealership do the mounts and I don't remember if the transmission mount was done at the same time. I think it was, but I'll have to check the work order again to make sure.

Thanks!