PDA

View Full Version : Destroyed Wiring harness

mikecool5
03-05-2010, 06:57 PM
Im new to the forum so first let me introduce myself im mike and i have a 2003 galant.

Well i got a blowout on the highway and the tread on the tire ripped apart the harness that runs through the wheel well there on the drivers side, my first question is, Is this part of the engine wiring harness? i was also wondering if it possible to get the connectors that are under the dash as some of them have shattered. any help would be greatly appreciated thanx

Stewi
03-05-2010, 07:57 PM
How did connectors under the dash inside the car shatter from the tire blowing out? Take some pics of all the damage, I have a bunch of cut up wiring harness' around here, I might have something you can use to fix it.

Mike_ODell
03-05-2010, 08:05 PM
damn. that is crazy. any pics of damage?

mikecool5
03-05-2010, 08:20 PM
the wiring was yanked out through the hole in the firewall and some connecters broke when that happened i can probably take some pics tomorrow when its light out thanx in advance

Da_Prodigy
03-05-2010, 09:57 PM
wow never knew that could happen from a blowout. Take some pics ASAP so we can assest the problems better.

Stewi
03-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Your talking about the hole down near where your left leg would be when your driving? The hole is behind the rear edge of the fender where it meets the doors? That should be pretty easy to fix if you can get the harness and you know how to solder. Its a bunch of wires but its do-able. I need to see pics of the harness connectors since the 02-03 uses a different fuse box, my connectors might be different but I might be able to get you the right ones from my local junk yard. email pics to me at [email protected] write TGC in the subject so I dont delete it if my spam folder gets it. Also where do you live?

mikecool5
03-07-2010, 08:52 PM
worked on it all day today its pretty straight forward just having one problem ive got three wires that are exactly the same color ehite with two blue lines. everything else is different just matching colors. i will try to take pics tomorrow

mikecool5
06-10-2010, 02:16 PM
UPDATE i got every visible wire fixed but the wipers dont work and neither does the a/c the little a/c light doesnt even come on, the locks dont work either. Is there a relay for the a/c somewhere? the wipers maybe? any help would be appreciated

Stewi
06-10-2010, 09:45 PM
check all the fuses & relays under the hood and in the panel on the left end of the dash, when the wires tore they could have grounded out and popped some relays or fuses.

Corey2kG
06-10-2010, 10:53 PM
If I didnt read into this more I would of said it was the ABS sensor cuz thats the only wire I have in the wheel area. And it goes up the side and inside the side guards by the firewall. Is your ABS light on?