PDA

View Full Version : Ralliart Inc. will cease by the end of March

G-spot
03-10-2010, 02:27 PM
:scared::scared::scared::scared:

Mitsubishi tuning firm Ralliart to close doors (http://www.leftlanenews.com/mitsubishi-tuning-firm-ralliart-to-close-doors.html)

Ralliart, an independent tuning firm that has long been associated with both aftermarket and factory-endorsed Mitsubishi products, announced this morning that it will cease operations at the end of March.
“Because of the sudden change of economy situation since the year before last, the business circumstance surrounding our company radically became worse and so, this time we have reached the conclusion that we Ralliart Inc., would scale down our business activities as of the end of March 2010,” Ralliart said in a statement posted on its website.
Ralliart says that it will no longer support its motorsport customers or develop new products. It remains unclear what this will mean for the official Ralliart-badged Mitsubishi products on sale in the majority of the automaker’s worldwide markets, however. Mitsubishi currently offers high-performance Ralliart versions of its Lancer and Lancer Sportback in North America.

G-spot
03-10-2010, 02:30 PM
I got this at the Ralliart website

http://www.ralliart.com/10topics/100310.html

Partial Cease of Business Activities along with Ralliart Inc's
Business Scale DownRalliart Inc (President Masao Taguchi) has announced as follows.
Dear all of our customers ,

First of all, we much appreciate for your usual patronage to our company.
Our company have done the various activities relating motorsport with the support of many people since the establishment in April,1984 so far. However, because of the sudden change of economy situation since the year before last, the business circumstance surrounding our company radically became worse and so, this time we have reached the conclusion that we Ralliart Inc., would scale down our business activities as of the end of March 2010.

Along with the scale down of our business activities this time, we would cease the following business and operation which we have done so far. We would like to express our sincere apology to all of customers though we would make you much inconveniences.

Meanwhile, we wish you a continuous support to Ralliart family and entrants driving Mitsubishi cars who play an active part all over the world.

Items which would cease our business and operation along with our business scale down;

Support to motorsport customers(Support to the participation, Technical Support, and Awarding of Mitsubishi/Ralliart Driver of the Year)
New Planning, Development and Merchandize of Ralliart products (Except FIA VO parts) :*1
Information of new products and dispatching motorsport information(at web):*2
*1FIA VO parts development and those application work shall be done by Mitsubishi Motors Corporation as it is. *2FIA Group-N information shall be open at the web site of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation.
Date of the cease: 1st April, 2010

Galantfan88
03-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Wtf is going on!!!!!! Whyyyyyy????

Galant306m
03-10-2010, 03:41 PM
cause mitsubishi as a car company is dying.

tjones156
03-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Another downfall due to the economy ...Damn:099:

qnz
03-10-2010, 07:51 PM
cuz people are buying knockoff ralliart parts

johnygezony
03-10-2010, 09:06 PM
They haven't won anything in a while i think as well

koji464
03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
its what happens when GM and other american motors get all the money they need, and not from from the products they producelol, really..... to COPY paste distribut and catch up *humpf* RALIART FOREVAWR!

beam514
03-10-2010, 10:49 PM
well this sucks.

Jeffylou87
03-10-2010, 11:00 PM
Poor mitsubishi...

SkylineG1
03-10-2010, 11:35 PM
Poor mitsubishi...

Why poor Mitsu? They have been dragging their feet now from 2004. Sorry to say but all Galants after 2003 look like crap (sorry 9Gers' just the way I feel). Meanwhile their competition has developed better looking fast cars. Lets face it other that the Evo there is nothing at Mitsu to buy.

Jeffylou87
03-10-2010, 11:42 PM
Have you driven a 9G RalliArt? Have you driven a Lancer RalliArt? They're insane!

DOHCstunr
03-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Have you driven a 9G RalliArt? Have you driven a Lancer RalliArt? They're insane!

I agree. they are actually very very sick cars.

Guess what. The vast majority of 9g cars you see on the road don't look good. thats because the vast majority of the 9g's on the road are base models with ugly hubcaps.

Hmmm.... that sounds familiar. Oh yeah... the vast majority of the 8g's you see on the road look extraordinarily BORING. Why is this? Because the vast majority are hub cap wielding, drum brake sporting, with fall asleep from boredom interiors.
The better models like the GTZ are much nicer cars and always turned my head.

Hmmmm, that sounds familiar. The vast majority of 7g's on the road have hub caps and drum brakes and very dull looking exteriors. Then every now and then you see an ls or GS and you think wow that's a good looking car.

If any of you would have actually driven a 9g ralliart, I think your opinions would be drastically different. Mitsubishi makes some solid cars.

I'll probably try to track down a low mileage 9g ralliart when I graduate. Then work a little magic on it.

starh4x
03-11-2010, 01:05 AM
I agree. they are actually very very sick cars.

Guess what. The vast majority of 9g cars you see on the road don't look good. thats because the vast majority of the 9g's on the road are base models with ugly hubcaps.

Hmmm.... that sounds familiar. Oh yeah... the vast majority of the 8g's you see on the road look extraordinarily BORING. Why is this? Because the vast majority are hub cap wielding, drum brake sporting, with fall asleep from boredom interiors.
The better models like the GTZ are much nicer cars and always turned my head.

Hmmmm, that sounds familiar. The vast majority of 7g's on the road have hub caps and drum brakes and very dull looking exteriors. Then every now and then you see an ls or GS and you think wow that's a good looking car.

If any of you would have actually driven a 9g ralliart, I think your opinions would be drastically different. Mitsubishi makes some solid cars.

I'll probably try to track down a low mileage 9g ralliart when I graduate. Then work a little magic on it.

IMO if you put rims and lower a 7G or 8G, it will look better than a 9G that has has the exact same treatment. I just think there too bulky and round looking. but thats just my opinion and I'm probably bias because of my previous 8G.

Galant306m
03-11-2010, 07:26 AM
I <3 the ralliart galant i have been looking for a 2007 ralliart for about a year now that is close to me but they are hard to come by, the one that was for sale was when i was putting all my money into school and into the galant so i could not buy it and it was that sick orange color that i want. 2007 ralliart galant best looking 9g out there IMO, (stock 9g) of course.

mrg7243
03-11-2010, 08:22 AM
haha just gave me my current events for school=P but on another note that sucks, i agree too with skyline stock for stock id take my 8g over a 9g, but with work i do agree that they can look nasty

Jeffylou87
03-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Stock 9G RalliArt > Stock 8G GTZ

Exhaust power
03-11-2010, 06:09 PM
9g ralliart is a automatic only which sucks and weighs to much compared to competition. it has a all right engine and looks. I still think that car was catered to a different fan base then the previous generations. Im not saying the 8g is any better with its gay automatic only crap ether.

RedGalant2k1
03-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Maybe its time to lobby for AMG to modify Mitsubishi's again eh ?

starh4x
03-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Maybe its time to lobby for AMG to modify Mitsubishi's again eh ?

yeah! why did they stop anyways?

ricky_db
03-12-2010, 01:21 AM
yeah! why did they stop anyways?

im going to say because of ralliart lol :puzzled:

starh4x
03-12-2010, 01:23 AM
im going to say because of ralliart lol :puzzled:

why would AMG stop tuning galants because of ralliart?

because ralliart took over aftermarket tuning isn't answering my question lol, I wanna know WHY AMG stopped and ralliart took over

ricky_db
03-12-2010, 01:34 AM
i dont know i pulled that answer out of my 4 point of contact. maybe cost of production

starh4x
03-12-2010, 01:49 AM
hahaha nice, oh well. pray for a 10G AMG galant ! :105: because thats likely to happen...

Galant306m
03-12-2010, 02:21 AM
Probably cause when merc got away from dsm they took Amg with? In the early to mid 90s merc was owned by crystler and then they broke off in the late 90s and amg went with more money

starh4x
03-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Probably cause when merc got away from dsm they took Amg with? In the early to mid 90s merc was owned by crystler and then they broke off in the late 90s and amg went with more money

+ repped thanks

4-G-rim
03-12-2010, 05:52 PM
It doesn't help that Ebay is flooded with the China knockoff "Ralliart" crap out there which cuts into a huge chunk of market share of real Ralliart product. People keep buying it w/o a care if its real or not...as long it has the name.

Ralliart products are also limited in availability and regionally marketed and not to mention it costs you a arm and leg for the real Authentic Ralliart stuff. Its hard to compete with comparable products they sell with other reputable manufacturers that sell at a cheaper price like Trust/Greddy, HKS, Tein, JIC, etc etc.

Also with the economy..alot of high end speciality companies have fallen due to high cost products with limited profits and add the factor of cheap China knockoff products that bare their name...it hurts them in the end.

Nismo and TRD are hurting too..also drastically limiting their product development and production.

dmdvzla
03-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Why poor Mitsu? They have been dragging their feet now from 2004. Sorry to say but all Galants after 2003 look like crap (sorry 9Gers' just the way I feel). Meanwhile their competition has developed better looking fast cars. Lets face it other that the Evo there is nothing at Mitsu to buy.

X2.......This same statement I said it a cople of months ago....I completely agree

"It is really a shame what's going on with Mitsubishi Motors. Since mitsubishi arrived in America, It was always known by their aggressive looking cars.They may not have been as well trusted as Toyota, Honda or Nissan, but for sure ,people always knew them because of their exterior, interior esthetics and performance. In my opinion, All mitsu cars since the 80's have been much better looking that their competitors. 6G galant looked better than the late 80's Camry,Accord, Mazda 626, Nissan Stanza(not to mention the crappy american car such as Cavalier/Corsica and Taurus). 7G Galants...better looking and more powerful than 90's Camry, Altima, 626, Accord, etc. 8G Galant...wow!! when it came out everyone said it looked like a BMW..VERY AGGRESSIVE LOOKS....it made the competitor's cars look like old man's cars. Same story in the 80's with the Starion/Conquest......vs 80's 280Z, Supra, RX7....you'd be the judge. 1G Eclipse..Beautiful. 2G Eclipse does not even compare with the 90's Celica, Integra, Prelude, 240Z. To have 210hp on a stock 2G Eclipse was mind blowing at the time! 3000GT VR4............Should I say more.........The only car that was as beatiful was the last Gen Supra (I give credit for that one) MITSU 1G DIAMANTE, Gorgeous Car!!!! My Father had one back in 96'.....Sporty back end similar to the Galant....Sophisticated front. Interior made you feel like you were inside a MASERATI, Then, the changed it to the new UGLY design (and tried to save the day by making a VR-X model) Montero vs everything else......etc,etc....

I am sorry, but it seems that after the year 2000.....all the mitsubishi models have gone down style wise....... Montero to Endevor.......Aggressive 8G galant to more sober 9G galant......Sporty 2G Eclipse to a not so bad, less powerful 3G, to a just too round, mind numbing, plane ugly 4G eclipse........3000GT, WHERE???.......... NOW the 2011 Galant you guys are showing.......It is simply an OLD MAN'S Car....not to different from a Lincoln or Cadillac in the worst way possible. What's going on MITSU DESIGNERS???!!!!!! While you are eating sh@@.....toyota came out with a beatiful 2010 CAMRY (now, that's beatiful) Nissan Altima,....how about the Nissan MAXIMA? (WOW what a performance......where is a DIAMANTE to compete with that) Acura TSX..Excellent! Accord...not my cup of tea, but for sure is better looking than the last Gen Galant....MAZDA got their stuff together (thumbs up). Subaru Legacy...SPEACHLESS!!!!

Unfortunately for Mitsu enthusiast like myself.....the reality is that the tables have turned around.....now a days other japanese brands are making better looking cars, and guess what....they already have the trust and popularity from the people....so there is nothing else to do. MITSUBISHI MOTORS is still in the market because of the Evolution, plane and simple....Evo has no comparison besides the STI. So in conclusion, If it wasn't for the evo and possibly the nice looking Outlander.......mitsu would be more bankrupt than Chevrolet, Chrysler and Hummer all together.

Sorry if I hurt someone's feelings by talking crap about their car or a car they may like.....it is just my opinion."

SkylineG1
03-12-2010, 10:46 PM

They are great cars indeed. But who is gonna buy a $30k car this year only to have it go down to $15K the year after? Mitsu makes great cars but lets face it the price of Ralliart cars do not match with their resale values.