PDA

View Full Version : 5 speed swap question

bsilver23
03-10-2010, 08:48 PM
So i am in the process of gathering all of the necessary parts to do the swap and i am aware that the stratus r/t transmission will work with our cars as well as the 3g eclipse, but will all of the other necessary parts required to do the swap also work?

like Passenger Side Drive Axle, shifter assembly, clutch pedal, master and slave cylinders, flywheel, clutch, etc. will these work for my 8g v6 galant if they are from a stratus r/t?

M-Rod
03-10-2010, 09:12 PM
Yes. My entire swap is from a Stratus R/T.

Also, when you mention drive axle, make sure it's not just the CV shaft. You need the intermediate shaft. It bolts to the rear of the engine block and connects the CV shaft to the transmission.

You will need a transmission mount as well. The one that holds the transmission to the driver side frame rail.

One more thing. Don't forget the starter locator plate. It is a thin piece of metal that bolts to the block between the engine and transmission.

bsilver23
03-10-2010, 09:22 PM
ok thank you, very helpful info right there

beam514
03-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Also, I forget exactly what the situation was, but warriorlax ran into a problem with mixing clutches and pressure plates between the stratus R/T and the eclipse. You must choose one or the other.

I think he goes over it a little bit in this thread:
V6 5 speed swap (https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=34842)

bsilver23
03-10-2010, 10:28 PM
i will keep that in mind, thanks

Jeffylou87
03-10-2010, 10:35 PM
If you get an R/T tranny, get an R/T clutch

M-Rod
03-11-2010, 07:37 PM
If you get an R/T tranny, get an R/T clutch

Not exactly. Transmission doesn't matter. It's the flywheel that matters.

When using an Eclipse flywheel, use an Eclipse clutch kit.
When using a Stratus flywheel, use a Stratus clutch kit.