PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION on side skirts

dmdvzla
03-10-2010, 09:21 PM
I recently got a set of vr4 side skirts. I know they are not a direct bolt on, but before I start to cut them away here and there (and probably messing them up), would anyone have a tutorial or some pictures on where exactly I have to do the modifications? Any help will be greatly appreciated!

fatal1
03-11-2010, 02:59 AM
which ones...new/ old, bodykit?

for the new style you will need to remove the endcaps on the inner fenders closest to the door and possibly trim a bit in the middle on the "step" so it fits under the door, especially if they were shipped bent. the new style ones fit pretty good overall though

dmdvzla
03-11-2010, 05:44 PM
Thanks Fatal, I wonder if anyone has pictures of the modification. I am afraid I will mess them up.

When you say I have to remove the endcaps.....are those the plastic "L" shape pieces at the bottom of the fender? How about the plastic bases where all the clips go on the inner or back side of the skirts....do we have to cut them also? and how do we hold them to the car besides the two screws that go in the front of the skirt on the inside of the fender?
P.S. does it make a difference in instalation if they are old or new style?

Thanks alot man!!!

Da_Prodigy
03-11-2010, 05:57 PM
yes because on the old style you have to modify it more

AmericanJambo
03-11-2010, 06:58 PM
Sell them and buy the new style side skirts from Cali. He's making them so they fit the USDM with no mods. ;)