PDA

View Full Version : Air Intake Noise

cdaw2001ES
08-20-2002, 08:56 PM
greetings, Put my MAS adapter and K&N cone on today, and this puppy is loud. Sounds like a muffler, but the noise comes from the intake. I cant even hear my muffler over it. Sounds like a BIG dirt bike. I guess now I know why it had all the resonators from the factory- to keep it quite.

I sorta like it, but I prefer my noise to coincide with performance, and as it is (before the headers) this puppys bark is worse than it's bite.

Auto-9
08-20-2002, 09:18 PM
Hehe...my CAI is pretty quite...more of a whine than a roar.

pinoyesv6
08-20-2002, 09:34 PM
yea the intake, especially at high rpms will most likely outsound the muffler

cdaw2001ES
08-20-2002, 09:39 PM
yep.. I cant hear it under 2.5K, sounds and feels the best at about 4.5~5K, It's the 2.5-4.0 range that sucks at the moment.

Supernova
08-20-2002, 10:06 PM
I can't wait to get a cold air intake put in mine. It'll probally be a CAI too.

Black2k1GTZ
08-20-2002, 10:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can't wait to get a cold air intake put in mine. Â*It'll probally be a CAI too.</div>

Bro...a CAI is a Cold Air Intake!!!So hopefully you will be putting it in at the same time...or something is seriously wrong!!!!

Marc :mg:

Supernova
08-20-2002, 10:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can't wait to get a cold air intake put in mine. Â*It'll probally be a CAI too.</div>

Bro...a CAI is a Cold Air Intake!!!So hopefully you will be putting it in at the same time...or something is seriously wrong!!!!

Marc :mg:</div>

F***IN S***!!! >_<

From what I was reading, i was thinking a CAI was a brand of cold air intake. I didn't know it was just the abbreviation.

I feel stupid. I'm going to go jump off a bridge now....

Auto-9
08-20-2002, 10:30 PM
Just make sure you do it without the car please...we don't feel like entering the Xander Zone https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

VegasMatt
08-20-2002, 10:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supernova)</div><div class='quotemain'>I can't wait to get a cold air intake put in mine. Â*It'll probally be a CAI too.</div>

Marc :mg:</div>

F***IN S***!!! >_<

From what I was reading, i was thinking a CAI was a brand of cold air intake. I didn't know it was just the abbreviation.

This is some funny shit right here...if you are looking for a good CAI (cold air intake), Go for Injen or AEM. Don't waste your time going with that CAI brand.... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Matt

I feel stupid. I'm going to go jump off a bridge now....</div>

Supernova
08-20-2002, 10:41 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rallifan)</div><div class='quotemain'>Just make sure you do it without the car please...we don't feel like entering the Xander Zone https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif</div>

Thanks alot....

>.>
<.<

:: stabs Rallifan ::

Fishboy55
08-21-2002, 08:00 AM
Always the opportunist, Fishboy sneaks over and steals SuperNova's car while he and Rallifan are fighting :jester:

Auto-9
08-21-2002, 01:50 PM
hehehe

Supernova
08-21-2002, 08:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>Always the opportunist, Fishboy sneaks over and steals SuperNova's car while he and Rallifan are fighting :jester:</div>
Dude, to show an action you must do this:

*incert action here*

or

:: incert action here ::

Thats just to help you out in the long run. :roll:

ps: Gimmie back my car. :thumbsup: