PDA

View Full Version : open door lights Gas light?

Galantman03
03-14-2010, 12:09 AM
ok its really not a problem, just a minor inconvenience...i have an 03 galant, and i swapped out my guage cluster for a 99 cluster(i think), everything works great engine light, srs light, oil light, and battery light all light up... BUT, when ever i open my door the empty light turns on.... WTF???? i can only hope that when i run on E my Door light comes on? lol wtf happend? do i need to rewire it them to work right? i thought clusters where the same except for the speed sensor thingy lol... any help would be appreciated....

menace
03-14-2010, 12:18 AM
the orientation of the lenses that cover up the warning lights are different from the 99+ and the 02+ clusters. Same thing happened to mine. I just took the lenses off my old one and put it on the new one, problem fixed.

Hope this helps

Galantman03
03-14-2010, 11:20 AM
i pretty sure the lenses didn't move cuz i made sure of that before i put everything in... the gas light on the 03 guage the gas light is right below the fuel guages, and on the 99 one, its the same, the empty gas light is right below the guage..... i guess the wiring must be different in the earlier clusters.....

menace
03-14-2010, 08:03 PM
Well sorry that that didn't help you. Mine were different for some reason and just swapped them. Hopefully sombody can help you

Galantman03
03-14-2010, 09:44 PM
ill just take a look at the wiring diagram..... lol

qnz
05-21-2010, 12:15 PM
You both are right. The lights on the bottom of the 99 cluster match up with the 03 cluster. However, when opening the door, the gas light turns on. So there must be something different in the wiring on 99s from 03s. The easy fix is to take the 99 black face and swap it onto the 03 cluster.