PDA

View Full Version : might buy 06 gts, couple questions

maxpower
03-20-2010, 09:30 AM
looking at a 06 gts, few minor issues with it I was wondering about.

Needs keys, the only one it has is broken. Looks like these things are at least $80 on ebay, can you program them yourself or does a dealer need to do it.

anyone know if the power mirror switch is covered by the 5/60 warranty, the mirrors dont move right.

theres a very slight high pitch noise while driving, kind of hard to notice. Almost sounds like it could be air going into the intake.

other then that the car was pretty nice, some scuffs on the fenders. Appears the previous woman driver liked to use them as curb feelers.

Daes9G
03-20-2010, 04:46 PM
A dealership can cut keys using the VIN and program them for you. It won't be cheap and some dealers won't bother with keys unless they are purchased through them.

If the 5/60 warranty is bumper to bumper then every problem that arises should be covered. If it's just a power train warranty, then no.

I've never heard a high pitch noise on mine. That might be worth looking into to see exactly what it is. It might be nothing to worry about.

maxpower
03-20-2010, 06:26 PM
I called a dealer and had them check the vin, its a bumper to bumper through July 2011, pretty sweet for a used vehicle. So I figure for the next year and a half I'll bring it in for any little noise I hear.

Theres some websites that claim they can program the keys or give you the instructions, any truth to that. I've programed keys myself before but it was on a ford, there was a red button under the dash you press then you turn the ignition a certain amount of times and some other stuff, pretty easy.

Daes9G
03-20-2010, 08:42 PM
Theres some websites that claim they can program the keys or give you the instructions, any truth to that.
This is true. However, you must already have 2 working keys to do it.

If you only have one key, the dealership must program the 2nd. Then you can program the 3rd yourself all the way up to 8 keys if you wanted to.

infliction
03-20-2010, 10:05 PM
ok, you said intake.. does it have an aftermarket intake on it? or is it the stock air box?

if there's cold air intake on it, that explains the whistle. that engine sucks in a lot of air and cone filters will whistle a little.

maxpower
03-28-2010, 06:19 PM
I bought it, brought it to the dealer the next day. Gave me a free key, they said the warranty covers 1 replacement. They also replaced the power mirror switch under the warranty.

They did not look into the noise, they guy said its normal for the transmission to make some noise? Before going my top guesses was the transmission or a vacuum leak. The best way to hear the noise would be to accelerate to 55mph and let off the gas completly.

infliction
03-28-2010, 07:07 PM
well as long as youve got some warranty on it. pay attention to it, make sure it doesnt get any worse.
and congratulations.