PDA

View Full Version : 8G Jdm taillight

MITZA
03-02-2003, 09:37 PM
For sale

Dominicano
03-02-2003, 11:03 PM
the harness will no longer go where the U.S version was, you have to play with it and have the connector piece be in between the two bulbs and dont worry water is not going to get into the car once you made sure that the taillights are fitting nice no water should get in there

electricjoe
03-03-2003, 08:27 AM
I have the third gen JDM tails and when I get the car washed at a full automatic car wash I got some water in my tails. Just this past week I sealed them with clear silicone sealant. Seems to be working way better so far.

Dominicano
03-03-2003, 11:05 AM
you know electricjoe, i had the same problem with my 3rd gen tail light and it was only the passenger side that was giving me the problem. i acutually wanted to open it up and ended up taking some silicone out. and when i saw it was too much work i said fuck it and left it at that then water got into crazy. i used clear silicone to seal it up then everything else been good. and i thought it was just me and my crazy inventions.

Dilemma
03-03-2003, 11:16 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(electricjoe)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have the third gen JDM tails and when I get the car washed at a full automatic car wash I got some water in my tails. Just this past week I sealed them with clear silicone sealant. Seems to be working way better so far.</div>

Yep. I used a rubber Silicone sealant...There wont be any water comin in my tails. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

MITZA
03-03-2003, 06:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(domielover)</div><div class='quotemain'>the harness will no longer go where the U.S version was, you have to play with it and have the connector piece be in between the two bulbs Â*and dont worry water is not going to get into the car once you made sure that the taillights are fitting nice no water should get in there</div>

So did you also cut the end of your US spec harness and tap it to the Jspec harness? You were still able to smash the male US spec connecter though the 1 1/2 hole in the rear of the car and not make it leak to the INSIDE of the car? I tried to do that it was hitting the reverse lamp hard actually scuffed a few of the wires on the lamp up. If that boot on the Jspec harness was a little bigger it would of sealed the hole perfectly they must of drilled it in another location on the Japan models.

I'm going to look for some type of plastic body plug but it is hard to find a 1 1/2 diameter then run the wires trough the center. If anyone has any other ideas please let me know.

I also in the mean time I need a 8G 99-01 US spec tail light harness while I try to solve this delima If anyone has one please let me know (right side if it makes a difference)

Dominicano
03-03-2003, 11:07 PM
i dont have the jspec harness i used the US version but to tell you the truth i did dremmel it surrounding edge of the us socket just so that i didnt have to find the perfect spot to fit it in. The passenger side fore some reason was a pain to put in while the driver side went in with no problem