PDA

View Full Version : I need some help deciding what suspension setup i should go with.

Galantes2001
03-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Hey hows it going everyone i honestly need help deciding what suspension i should go with on my 2001 i4 galant es i have 17" rims and i want a drop but nothing major where im going to bottom out all the time can you guys please send me some links of where you got yours and what setup would be the best? also pics would be greatly appreciated. heres a pic of my car so you guys can decide what would be the best i want the front to be lower..
http://i867.photobucket.com/albums/ab238/eskimoman/cat285.jpg

OMEGA PHX
03-22-2010, 08:37 PM
There's a search feature look for suspension.

This thread is active VV
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=40613

How much are you looking to spend?

Galantes2001
03-22-2010, 10:54 PM
I dont really have a budget what do you have in ?

03-Galant-ES
03-22-2010, 11:06 PM
I have tein and Gr2s cost me 200 shipped for teins and my local parts guy got me gr2s at 60 a piece and I installed myself.

It is suggested that you go with AGX as the longevity of GR2s is anywhere from 9months to a lot more depending on road condition and aggressiveness of drop and driving. Unless you want coilovers and a more extreme lowering they will cost upwards of 800-1200 dollars some are more and will yield a bit of a harsher ride on daily drivers. Stick with name brands tein, megan, etc and you will be fine you take a gamble with some of the ebay shit out there.

OMEGA PHX
03-22-2010, 11:24 PM
I have some cheap ass lowering springs on oem shocks, but I'm saving for D2 coilovers to have some height adjustability, they are like $1K. How much are you looking to drop there are many different lowering springs, did you checked the link I posted previously there you can see some info on Tein S-Techs and there's pics also.

This depends on how much you want to lower your car and your budget, if you can shell out 1K buy coilovers they include springs and short body dampers, I you have like $400 then you would buy some lowering springs like Progress, Megan, Tein and KYB GR2's.

Galantes2001
03-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I have tein and Gr2s cost me 200 shipped for teins and my local parts guy got me gr2s at 60 a piece and I installed myself.

It is suggested that you go with AGX as the longevity of GR2s is anywhere from 9months to a lot more depending on road condition and aggressiveness of drop and driving. Unless you want coilovers and a more extreme lowering they will cost upwards of 800-1200 dollars some are more and will yield a bit of a harsher ride on daily drivers. Stick with name brands tein, megan, etc and you will be fine you take a gamble with some of the ebay shit out there.

I live on LI too but in islip my gparents live on bluespruce rd in levittown, what do you think the megans or the teins and what shocks the agxs? does the megans have more of a drop then the teins?

mrg7243
03-23-2010, 08:00 AM
i know the megan have an 1.9-2.0 drop in the rear and about the same up front, im pretty sure megan offers the lowest drop for springs, If you go with the meagan it is highley recommended you get the AGX's too, since they are a short body damper, which is what you want when lowering.