PDA

View Full Version : Water leak!

daves2003galant
03-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Does anyone out there know a good way to find a water leak? It is located under the passenger side front and rear. I removed the seat, console and the carpet and I really cannot tell where it is coming from. Any help would be great! Thanks

criz067
03-22-2010, 08:19 PM
If it is not due to rain coming into the car then it is probably a clogged evaporator drain. Many people have had that issue including me and there are many threads that discuss it if you search for it.

daves2003galant
03-22-2010, 08:21 PM
I believe it is due to the rain. I live in Oregon and it does seem to do that a lot here. Thanks for the advice.

criz067
03-22-2010, 08:53 PM
Well in that case I have found leaks by just taking a hose and spraying it at the car in different places and checking the inside for dripping water or wet spots.

run1206
03-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Why is this posted in the tutorials section?
There's the "Problems? 8th gen Section" for these type of situations.

Check the weatherstripping on the right-hand side of the car as well. From the front windshield all the way to the rear windshield. Make sure you can't see the colored latches holding the stripping down. I have a similar problem but i replaced by windshield and lost the weather stripping for the right side.