PDA

View Full Version : 02 sensor

chrissbee
03-23-2010, 02:57 AM
I have a 2001 galant gtz v6 3.0 .. the car has 112000 miles and runs great except for the oxygen sensor code i keep getting. Bank 1 sensor 2. My question is which sensor is this and a picture or diagram would be great, I cant figure out which on it is. also a part number and i could match them up. this is my first post and look forward to many more thank you....

Galant Evolution
03-25-2010, 09:12 AM
I have a 2001 galant gtz v6 3.0 .. the car has 112000 miles and runs great except for the oxygen sensor code i keep getting. Bank 1 sensor 2. My question is which sensor is this and a picture or diagram would be great, I cant figure out which on it is. also a part number and i could match them up. this is my first post and look forward to many more thank you....

Bank one, sensor two is Right side, rear sensor. If your getting a code for catalyst temp below threshhold replacing the 02 sensor will not solve the problem, replace the cat converter. Although with that many miles it wouldnt be a bad idea to replace the sensor as well, as these are reccomended to be replaced anywhere between 60-100k.

chrissbee
03-27-2010, 02:41 AM
when you say right side rear. which side is my right side. if im in front of the car i take it you mean the side with the battery correct? sorry for the confusion