PDA

View Full Version : Passenger door lock

AktionCat
03-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Out of nowhere the door doesn't want to lock anymore..When I attempt to push the lock buttom into the lock position it just springs back into open..I took off the door and the only thing I could see at all was the rod was bent for that lock...also the autolocks somewhat sounds like it's not catching anything and taking that lock piece out is an ass cuz that little 10mm screw holding the window piece in

I can only assume that it bent from the auto door lock when it locks and someones pulling on the door handle..I'll get a picture of the rods in the coming hours cuz rain poured out an ass down here.

Stepsascend
03-24-2010, 11:06 AM
Maybe this will help. Sorry if it doesn't.

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?t=31910&highlight=Door+lock

AktionCat
03-24-2010, 11:26 AM
it doesn't move to the lock position..it'll just force back into unlocked..i tried pulling and pushing the rod but not a single bit of movement...

AktionCat
03-24-2010, 01:15 PM
k here's pix

also..is that spring supposed to be poking out like that?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Memphisto7827/0e8359c9.jpg
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Memphisto7827/ecc29b03.jpg

Stepsascend
03-24-2010, 01:21 PM
I honestly have no idea I've never messed with my locks, but i have nothing better to do right now so I'll go take a look.

Edit: actually before i do that do you have an 8G?

AktionCat
03-24-2010, 01:25 PM
nevermind..it's the motor part..i unscrewed that Philips screw directly above where i put the arrow and it allows it to move freely..motors just locked up..luckily it's only the passenger :> any ideas wat one of these full pieces cost?

here's a pic of what was removed for anybodie else tat happens to run into this

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a291/Memphisto7827/cd591bff.jpg

Stepsascend
03-24-2010, 02:05 PM
You can just go to the junkyard and get one for pretty cheap. Or you could just take it lol.

bhaskar_b
04-11-2012, 01:18 AM
Hi,

I have the same issue. My galant was stuck in the snow a month back for 3 days. After that, the driver door does not lock manually using the door knob. It does not lock with the key or with the centralized lock switch on the door either. I took off the door panel and checked the rods leading up to the latch. The rods seem to be in place. The door handle opens the door from inside fine. However, the door lock knob does not lock the door. When I push the knob to the lock position, it jumps back to the unlock position.

How did you take out the latch from inside the door. Is there a tutorial for that? Looks like I also have to change the motor.

Regards

AktionCat
04-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Hi,

I have the same issue. My galant was stuck in the snow a month back for 3 days. After that, the driver door does not lock manually using the door knob. It does not lock with the key or with the centralized lock switch on the door either. I took off the door panel and checked the rods leading up to the latch. The rods seem to be in place. The door handle opens the door from inside fine. However, the door lock knob does not lock the door. When I push the knob to the lock position, it jumps back to the unlock position.

How did you take out the latch from inside the door. Is there a tutorial for that? Looks like I also have to change the motor.

Regards

Just saw this now sry,, There's a rod going from the lock to the white box mechanism, There's a couple allen screws opposite side of where the white lock box thing is that unscrew, there's another one I believe at the bottom of the door on the same side as the other 2, i had to like..slide it through the door hole because the metal from the door itself it like right there completely in the way.. If I remember right there's also a plastic sliding piece that I believe is just the guiding piece for the window when it slides down into the door. Because of it's location you kinda have to bend things to get it out.

You can tug on the rod since it's right infront to see if it's seized up, it's attached to some clip things to hold them in place also that you'll most likely have to unclip them from.