PDA

View Full Version : KYb question

RaiseEmUp
03-02-2003, 11:39 PM
:x I have Kyb shocks and the settings is on one all around. Does anyone have a problem with the bounce because I could see my front lights bouncing up and down really fast on the freeway and that shit gets annoying. Is this common :?:

pinoyesv6
03-02-2003, 11:45 PM
moving to suspension forum

Messiah
03-03-2003, 01:19 AM
Are you aon stock springs or what?

Galant_01
03-03-2003, 12:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RaiseEmUp)</div><div class='quotemain'>:x I have Kyb shocks and the settings is on one all around. Â*Does anyone have a problem with the bounce because I could see my front Â*lights bouncing up and down really fast on the freeway and that shit gets annoying. Is this common :?:</div> I thought that the 1 setting on those shocks were for track use only! That would explain alot if true. Try them on like 3 in the front and 6 in the back.

NRG
03-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Not all KYB have 8 settings......The ones I have are 4 settings only and 1 being softess and no, it is not for racing only. 1 is for the comfortable luxury sedan style ride and 4 being the aggressive hard style ride......

Galant_01
03-03-2003, 12:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>Not all KYB have 8 settings......The ones I have are 4 settings only and 1 being softess and no, it is not for racing only. Â*1 is for the comfortable luxury sedan style ride and 4 being the aggressive hard style ride......</div> My bad I haven't gotten mine yet! My boys Prelude's KYB's were the opposite of that.

99DE
03-03-2003, 09:18 PM
I've had my KYB's on setting 1 for about a month, and the ride is nicer but at high speeds I also get the headlight jitters. These are performance struts so even the setting 1 is stiffer than average.

damn-no-$$$
03-13-2003, 06:13 AM
would setting on 4 (hardest) wear the shox faster?? instead of softer settings

Danger DANJ
03-13-2003, 09:20 PM
I don't get too much bouncing with my front Konis set at the lowest setting, but my rear KYB AGX's are set at 1 and they are rather rough. Forget putting the KYB's on 4, that setting rattles my teeth when going over bumps.

2True
03-14-2003, 11:45 AM
Shoot, I have mine on 3 in the front and 6 in the back... just right for coil-overs IMO.

I thought that the 1 setting on those shocks were for track use only! That would explain alot if true. Try them on like 3 in the front and 6 in the back.

Actually it's the other way around, the higher the number setting.. the harder the rod resistance.