PDA

View Full Version : Still need opinions

luxcrusr2000
03-03-2003, 11:42 AM
I've done all the searches on painting interior parts, but I'm at a loss on what color to do my wood trim and plastic pieces. I was thinking of doing it all in an aluminum color since I got the speedhut aluminum bezel. I know the inner and outer bezel will at least be aluminum. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Fishboy55
03-03-2003, 12:59 PM
I thought about doing my interior in brushed aluminum too. It looks OK, but I didn't think I could look at it every day. Black will go good with the aluminum. Just remember that whatever you decide, you need to be able to live with it or be prepared to redo it in a short amount of time. With that Patriot red, I think black or aluminum would be a good choice if you have the gray interior. If you have the tan, I'm not so sure.

Chip

luxcrusr2000
03-03-2003, 01:58 PM
Yeah I have the tan interior. I was thinking of doing the interior in the patriot red to match the car.

BlankMan
03-03-2003, 02:34 PM
I think a red carbon fiber would look sweet with the tan in the partiot red g...

J

luxcrusr2000
03-03-2003, 02:55 PM
How would I do that?

luxcrusr2000
03-03-2003, 07:19 PM
Anyone else? Also, if anyone has pics that would help, too.

Fishboy55
03-03-2003, 07:27 PM
man if you could do an aluminized red somehow, that would look tight. I have to say that brushed aluminum with tan isn't something I'd like.

Come on guys. I've seen lots of posts about painting interiors. Help brother lux out with some suggestions.

pinoyesv6
03-03-2003, 07:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>man if you could do an aluminized red somehow, that would look tight. I have to say that brushed aluminum with tan isn't something I'd like. Â*

Come on guys. I've seen lots of posts about painting interiors. Help brother lux out with some suggestions.</div>

and u can. many manufacturers sell spray paint that mimics an alluminized red color. i find them at auto parts stores

BlankMan
03-05-2003, 01:11 PM
Here's an idea - they also have these color-shifting kits. I've seen them in auto parts stores and craft stores - though the craft stores have better kits for a lower cost - go figure. Anyway, I've seen them in green-purple, silver-green and red-blue. I know there's more color combinations out there, too. Here's a link ('http://www.ketone.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=&txtsearchParamCat=511&txtsearchParamType=ALL&txtsearchParamMan=35&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtFromSearch=fromSearch&iLevel=1') to get you started.

As for the red carbon fiber, there are vinyl applications you can do. Check out ebay for "carbon fiber vinyl". I'm working on a standard black carbon vinyl application now - will let you know how it turns out...

Good luck whatever you decide to do - almost anything is an improvement over the factory faux wood, IMHO.

J

luxcrusr2000
03-06-2003, 11:45 PM
Well, I might have found my answer. I went looking at several different places and found a metal flake paint that might work. I'm going back to Discount Auto Parts to see if they have it in red. What do you all think?

KNJGalant2002
03-07-2003, 03:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(luxcrusr2000)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, I might have found my answer. I went looking at several different places and found a metal flake paint that might work. I'm going back to Discount Auto Parts to see if they have it in red. What do you all think?</div>

I think that red would look nice. Gotta post a pic when your done I have been waiting to paint the interior of my 2nd Galant w/ beige interior as well. Good Luck with it..

luxcrusr2000
03-07-2003, 11:00 AM
Well, I found a metallic red paint and then I bought the metal flake clear coat to put on top of it. I'll post pics of it when I get it done. Thank you all for the suggestions and the help. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

CallaoNY
03-07-2003, 02:41 PM
I have the same dilema bro.. I'm just gonna see if I find leather color like the top of the dash .. not the tan color.. or black leather coz I'm gettin all the pieces around wooden so I wanna stay with the light color some black not too much.. like the shift knob and the middle of my steering wheel painted black and have something like someone already has in TGC .. this steering wheel cover thats very nice tan and black. thats me though ..

luxcrusr2000
03-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Update: I have the vents painted and clearcoated. As soon I can get the center vent put back together the vents will be done. Now it's on to the woodgrain. What's the best way to prep the woodgrain so that the paint will stick to it? :?:

luxcrusr2000
03-07-2003, 09:45 PM
Not to be a post whore on this one but I also came up with another idea. I did the vents in the red metallic and they look great! I was thinking of doing the lower woodgrain parts in silver aluminum with the metal flake and the upper parts (pieces around the door handles, dome light, etc) in the red metallic. Or should I just keep it all red metallic?

EDIT: I decided to do all the trim pieces in red metallic, except for the door handles, which I'm doing in aluminum.

8ggalant
03-07-2003, 10:51 PM
well i dunno if u considered buying trim but www.nycdashes.com sells kits for our car...cost about $240 tho...dont know if u knew...just thought id drop u a line about it....kevin...8ggalant

luxcrusr2000
03-28-2003, 08:25 AM
OK, I did the wood pieces, gauge bezel and vents in red metallic but I have to redo a couple of them, the paint didn't stick too well. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif I was wanting to do the dash and doors in black and maybe silver. What do you all think?