PDA

View Full Version : Mysterious connector

moneybags20
03-03-2003, 02:35 PM
Ok, i noticed this wire under my seat one day while i was cleaining out my car. It's under the drivers side seat and is connected to another wire under there too. Now i looked under the passenger side and it's a wire there too but it's not connected to another, does anybody know what the HELL do these things power or whatever,it's killin me that i can't find the other wire for the passenger side to connec to. Does anybody have both wire's in their car connected on both sides,let me know.

pinoyesv6
03-03-2003, 02:42 PM
does it go to the seat belt thing? the lil indicator light that tells u if ur seatbelt is on or not?

jluv97
03-03-2003, 02:44 PM
it's for power seats

moneybags20
03-03-2003, 03:14 PM
it doesn't go to the seat belt idicator light cause i ride without my seatbelt on plenty of times and it's never on, and it can't be for power seats cause i don't have em. Can some of you guy's check your cars and see if you have both connected under your front seats??

seth98esT
03-03-2003, 03:23 PM
i have it too, but do not have power seats...ooh i want!

jluv97
03-03-2003, 03:58 PM
trust me it is for the power seats, just because your car doesn't have them doesn't mean that they didn't run the wiring for it. Look in the trunk and you will find the connector for the oem CD changer. They put it all in there that way they don't have to try to install them later if the customer wants to add things in.

MidNightRacing
03-04-2003, 01:26 PM
I got the same thing only on the drivers side. I was playing around with it. and noticed when i unpluged it the little seatbelt light went off so it is for the seatbelt. Its the skinnyone thats hard to disconnect.

JiP
03-04-2003, 04:07 PM
I pulled the seats and carpet and everything out of my car that sucker is a bitch to disconect. I thought it was also for srs system but i guess not lol.

Mine iss only on the drivers side comes out the middle of the floor and connects to a harness on the actual seat. I do not have a wire or anything on the passenger side so duno what that is. But if its for power seats where the hell does the harness in the drivers seat coushin lead to? They went through all the trouble on a non power seat car to run wires and connecct wires that have dead ends?

Silly mitsu.