PDA

View Full Version : brakes squeeling and screeching

de1nonly
03-03-2003, 02:46 PM
what up fam. i had my g ride for about a month now it is a 01 es. when i stop most of the time not all of the time the brakes will screech and squeel but the stop fine. i was wondering is it time to replace some the pads. also what name brand parts do you guys recomend for pads/rotors. i plan on getting them checked out this week. thanks

luxcrusr2000
03-03-2003, 03:08 PM
Definitely get them checked. I know the Galant brakes are known for making noise. Mine sound like they're going metal to metal but when I had them checked at the dealer they said it was the type of pads that are on the car that are causing that noise.

Airbus A320
03-03-2003, 04:28 PM
If you are gonna need new pads and rotors I would say go with the Brembo rotors and metal master pads from the TGC group buy section. They are cheaper than the dealers brakes and they work good as hell!!

de1nonly
03-03-2003, 05:16 PM
ive been looking at the group buy with brembo, so those pads and rotors are better than anyother aftermarket rotors and pads. do they last the same amount of time. also are they avaliable for the 2001 es model. thanks

Auto-9
03-03-2003, 07:48 PM
Man all this time I didn't know Brembo made brake components for our cars https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Airbus A320
03-04-2003, 08:44 AM
I have the brembo rotors and metalmaster pads on a 2001 es I4. So far they have held up pretty good. One good thing I have noticed is that I have next to no brake fade. Even when Im in stop and go traffic and the brakes are being used a lot they still dont fade. I have also noticed they dont rust like my factory rotors did. My guess is that they will last longer than the factory stuff but I dont know.